Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

FIESTA!

(Beardless ! yes I know, thanks - he started to grow one it was blackish... then he got his tail feathers and beard handed to him by Bennie (silkie who's moved to the skycoop) never grew back except for stubble)

(not sure if the brown in the tail is from when General Black was attacking him or when he got closed in the coop human-only door, I hope it moults out.)

44847_just_chickens_011.jpg

Last edited:
I also forgot that I have a few eggs from a local CA breeder in the incubator. She told me that fertility has been poor. Out of the nine Bantam Wheaten Ameraucanas only four are developing. I wonder if they will look like OEGB.
lol.png
I don't remember what her roosters look like but the pullets were pretty. However all of the eggs are very porous. Do you think that they just need a rest from laying ?

Last edited:
Could i get some help here. I bought 3 ams from someone on here and i got 4 free and 3 are EE's which she said so so i have no problems and i was just wondering if this is a boy or not. The pic is a little off since it shows she/he has brown but she/he is pitch black with green shine in the feathers. Thanks for the help. The lavender is one of the the ones i bought. I am thinking its a boy which its a lav split.
0606011907.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
He also has wattles.

more of the handing earlobes, gotta get a better picture then- the waddles (the part that attaches from under the beak) are very reduced, but not absent - those are- um they have a name- but probably shouldn't be there anyway.

44847_just_chickens_003.jpg

Does that have a name?

Fiesta- worlds most DQed Ameraucana -

((Reeder my Marans has wattles, my RIR hen Minnie has more waddles then Fiesta))

Quote:
He also has wattles.

more of the handing earlobes, gotta get a better picture then- the waddles (the part that attaches from under the beak) are very reduced, but not absent - those are- um they have a name- but probably shouldn't be there anyway.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/44847_just_chickens_003.jpg

Does that have a name?

Fiesta- worlds most DQed Ameraucana -

((Reeder my Marans has wattles, my RIR hen Minnie has more waddles then Fiesta))

Wow he is beautiful. I love the white at the base of his tail looks like he has snow sitting there. LOL

pips&peeps :

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/89236_img_6284.jpg

http://ameraucana.org/scrapbook_files/silverlf.jpg

They are not the same color; and yes that looks like partridge down. See how yours is brown and has a "face mask". There are certain chick down colors that all ameraucanas have when they hatch and yours is not one. Sorry.

The North Idaho Fair does accept production birds for their poultry show. So does 4-H in Spokane. I may have an extra bird or two for your 4-H kiddo.

Here is my Silver AM from John Blehm as a few-days-old chick
65263_imag0148.jpg

5 or 6 weeks old:
65263_9_weeks_silver_no2_3.jpg

The sisters at 10 weeks (now):
65263_10weeks_silver_duo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom