Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
the color is not correct for a silver ameraucana. the only place you can get a true ameraucana is from a breeder. feed stores sell ee, labeled as ameraucana...

Quote:
I would trust the experts. They may look like similar colored chicks but I am sure there are huge differences that our untrained eyes cannot see.
I bet there are breeders that would be happy to provide a pure bred Ameraucana for 4H.

if you notice the leg color is a big difference. I would almost bet money to say that those legs will mature green/willow. Also if you notice the sivers have chimpmunk strips yes but the other colors are steel gray and black. If we show you a picture of a partridge not silver chick you will see more of a similarity.

http://image06.webshots.com/6/9/99/92/78499992xLUQQJ_ph.jpg

here is a picture of some partridge rock chicks. your guy looks more like these than the silver chicks you posted a link to
smile.png
big_smile.png
wink.png

89236_img_6284.jpg

silverlf.jpg

They are not the same color; and yes that looks like partridge down. See how yours is brown and has a "face mask". There are certain chick down colors that all ameraucanas have when they hatch and yours is not one. Sorry.

The North Idaho Fair does accept production birds for their poultry show. So does 4-H in Spokane. I may have an extra bird or two for your 4-H kiddo.

Maybe not but they did hatch from blue eggs and were sold by a breeder of Ameraucana Bantams. And that is why I wanted to post and get opinions.

Back
Top Bottom