Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:You never know exactly what crosses were made to get the EEs, could also be EE x EE. [​IMG]

2. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Well i told my mom i would like to put a BO roo in with the Ameraucans or whatever the hell they are ^_^

3. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:That will make some very pretty offspring!! [​IMG]

4. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Oh yeah i love to cross chickens ^_^ here take a look at these beautys

[​IMG] white with red stripes
    [​IMG] white with black stripes NOTE:This is my RSL roo ^_^ that i hatched out RIR roo X WR hen
    [​IMG] here you can see the red with black stripes thats my RSL hen
    [​IMG] and i think these two MIGHT be GSL or AMBERS im not sure but oh my god they are pretty
    [​IMG]

5. SteveH

SteveH Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    Quote:Not exactly. Ameraucanas and Araucanas are two different breeds; you can do a search here or elsewhere to see their two individuall breed characteriistcs and colors. Their one shared trait is that of laying blue eggs. EEs, often marketed as Americanas/Araucanas, are of many mixed characteristics and colors; their only necessary common trait to Ameraucanas and Araucanas is a possibility they might lay a blue or green egg. BTW, I own both Ameraucanas and EEs.

6. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

I recently got some ameraucana buffs I hatched out from a breeder. Now the legs are not quite slate, but noticed turning everyday. One I think is a ee because there is striping on the face and feathers. Not, a big deal she will go in with my egg layers but my question is do buffs also have the white feet because they are looking yellow to me.

7. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Here is a hen and a roo at 11 weeks the Roos comb is redder

[​IMG]

8. phoneman

phoneman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    sumter s.c.
  9. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup you are correct

10. stitch_b

stitch_b Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2011
    I just checked my 6 blue wheeaton eggs this morning on day 24 and it looks like I had 4 that were clear and 2 early quitters [​IMG]....should I contact the breeder or do I just have to suck it up?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by