Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

This is twinkle and twilight, twinkle is the cockerel and twilight is the frizzled pullet. They are half ameraucana and half cochin or dark brahma (not sure).

Here they are at two weeks
91819_img_9660.jpg

91819_img_9663.jpg

91819_img_9662.jpg

91819_img_9659.jpg

91819_img_9654.jpg

Here they are at eight weeks
91819_8_012.jpg

91819_8_013.jpg

91819_8_018.jpg

91819_8_020.jpg

91819_8_017.jpg

They are eleven weeks now so I need to upload more pics, they do look much different though!

i have 8 wheaton and blue wheaton hens in the pen with 1 blue wheaton rooster and 2 wheaton rooster. that will not give me a splash wheaton right. i have a pen with 4 blue and 2 black hens in that pen with a blur rooster.that pen will produce black,blue,and splash ameruacanas am i right. thanks i am learning

Phoneman: You have a blue wheaten rooster and blue wheaten hens, therefore splash wheatens are possible from those pairings.

Blue x Blue = 25% black (wheaten), 50% blue (blue wheaten), 25% splash (splash wheaten)

You are correct that your blue/black pen will result in black, blue and spalsh Ameraucanas.

Last edited:
Quote:
They're still blue, they just carry recessive lavender...but if you already see 3 distinct rows in the comb they're likely boys
sad.png

Thanks for the response
big_smile.png
I was worried about that, I'm so attached to them. We have 2 offers from local farms that want to take them if they are indeed roos.

Quote:
Grown up
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/62389_lacy_eyes.jpgTeenager
[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/62389_oct_2010_chick_picnik_015.jpg

The girl in the back here is the splash wheaten - just white where ther would be blue or black in the tail feathers and wing tips - very pretty.https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/62389_blanche2010.jpg

PS: Looking to re-home the boy pictured here. Warning- He's a bratt and definitely not a gentleman. Quite the character - his brother we gave away was just a clown - we still miss him - Exceptionally Gentle with humans only. Where there's trouble - he's there if he didn't start it.

neat pictures
smile.png
I see that you have a head of cabbage in the pen- did you just run a string through it and do they have any problems being able to pull it apart?

No, the little tyrannasauruses just love it! My DH had a problem putting it on the string until he enlisted his big ol drill press!!!![/url]

Quote:
Thanks for this! Our neighbor's interested in taking her and might give her a trial run with his Hens. He's pretty excited about getting an Ameraucana but her aggression concerns him. We'll see... she's still separate and I plan on keeping her that way until my other Hen's feathers grow back adequately. No blood being drawn but the first serious attack I saw her do would probably have ended up that way if I hadn't shown up. She had the Hen cornered and was standing over her viscously pecking. I watched it from the Kitchen window. When I went out she stopped and the other Hen ran.

She's really beautiful and I just love her eggs but don't want a lot of stress in my flock.

Here's a picture of her... Bunny.

92179_bunny.jpg

5Leepy!

Edited to add picture.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any pics of Lav Roos at around 10-12 weeks of age? Mine are 11 weeks this weekend and I am still unsure of Roo vs. Pullet for sure... I would just like to see something to compare them to? I have some idea, but am not positive... I will try and post pics in the next couple of days for opinions.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom