Quote:
clap.gif
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

I would call that color ghost wheaten.
smile.png

Is it possible to sex 1-2 week old pure ameraucanas? Does feather growth, size, and leg thickness hold somewhat true, or not really? This is my first experience with the pure ameraucanas, I have 3 one week old blacks, from the bev davis line. Lovely chicks, I am just anxious to know!
Thanks so much! Great thread, gorgeous birds!

Quote:
Are you sure you're not talking about marans?

So sorry, my birchen marans are from bev davis, my ameraucanas are from paul smith. Thanks for the correction!!! Any hints with sexing, or is pretty much just time will tell!

Quote:
Hi! Just south of you in New Hampshire. I just sold off half of my 15 Paul Smith birds yesterday - they were shipped to me as day old chicks about 11 weeks ago - the first shipment to the "Live free or die state" Paul says. I knew who most of the males were for sure by about 6 or 7 weeks but there were still 3 others that I could not say definitely were girls as their shanks were soooo huge and their combs red and large just flatter than the other two. I am a real novice to chickens as a whole and I was looking for those more pointed saddle feathers but the gentleman who bought them was just glad they were birds with 'papers' so to speak, given how many Americanas there are around here. He will have a nice flock irregardless. I hatched out 5 last year from eggs I bought here on BYC and one black one kept me guessing for quite a while - a rooster of course. I ended up with 4 roos and 1 hen from that bunch but they were all really faulty - the pair I have left from that hatch will hopefully be rehomed in a month or so...if not sooner. I'm on a culling frenzy! Good luck on them being mostly pullets!
fl.gif

Last edited:
I moved my 16 week old juvies in with the older flock last night, there was a bunch of commotion this morning but everyone seems to be sorting out the new living arrangements well. What does this mean for me? Now instead of feeding 4 different pens I only have to feed 3!
big_smile.png

I've got 2 Wheaten boys growing out and a Splash Wheaten boy. The two Wheaties are so different from each other, I'm going to post pictures soon, I would love opinions on them.

Back
Top Bottom