Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:I have a feeling we are gonna be learning that lesson together, hopefully for a little while, best of luck!, pretty birds bud.

2. BBrock

BBrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    cairo ga.
    Thanks. I love the light blues but just don't see many on here

3. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    btw, I got my splash/blue chicks as couple day old chicks from yvonne in live oak at sawmill chickenfarm. splash turned out roo and there was the blue pullet, they are in the same flock together now, not sure they are related or not, there were 6-7 hens and 2 roos in the pen when I was there. we have hatched several of her eggs too and have 2-3 of her pullet chicks running around, great lacing on them. imho

4. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:the blues we got from pairing the splash ameraucana with barred rock hens are lighter colored and our mutts [​IMG]

5. BBrock

BBrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    cairo ga.
    I have actually quit setting eggs. Seems nobody around here wants the blues. And 3 pens of chicks can eat alot.

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:Same thing here with the lavenders. I'm going to start shipping them, and not hatch any unless they are paid for first. I really feel like I wasted a lot of incubator space when I could have been selling hatching eggs and working on my projects instead. Oh well- live and learn!

7. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    HappyMtn, I might be interested in a couple of Lavender pullets if you have extras.

8. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Send all your Blues to me, I love the Blues and the Lavenders...

9. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    [​IMG]

My one ameraucana bantam who is difficult to capture on camera. I am almost positive that she is a pullet because her feathers are rounded and I used a magnfier to check her comb which has only two rows not three. I want more bantams !

10. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Yes, that's a pullet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by