Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

idunno.gif

Last edited:
Last Week (or was it 2 weeks ago now? I think it was two...) Two weeks ago we got our first Ameraucanas. Mom bought a pair of Point of Lay Pullets. Less than 8 hours later, she was cleaning the coop, and one of them got out, running between the barn stalls and the wall of the barn!! The other was sleeping on the roosts. Mom named them Themla and Louise.
When I came home, we went to another place near where I live, to a guy who sells chickens, and bought a bunch of show Chickens. Bantams, a Polish, and 4 Show Quality Ameraucanas!! :) I named those 4, Harebell, Maiden, Sorrel, and Mariposa. :) (All my poultry names in 2014 revolve around Wildlfowers!)

Here's some pics of my new girls!!
Thelma.

Maiden
Bell

Bell. And yes that is my nose and eyeball. LOL.
Mariposa (Darker blackish) Sorrel (Sparrow patterned almost) and Bell. And my Polish pullet, Daisy, standing in front of everyone. LOL.

Mariposa, Sorrel and Bell again.
Maiden is relatively camera shy. LOL. Thus the "shy maiden" name. ;)

Louise (Front) and Thelma (Back). :)
The coloring of the Ameracauna(s) pictured above looks most like the coloring of my girls, compared to the 1000's of photos I've perused, except my girls heads and full, fluffy beards are a soft gray?

Dark slate color legs, bottom of one girls feet is the same color as the top & legs, the other has a slightly yellowish tinge to the slate as it fades slightly under the pads (or her feets is dirty ;)
I decided to become owned by chickens because I was after eggs, and of the breeds available in the age range I wanted, I opted for 2 Ameracauna (types?) and 3 Gold Laced Wyandottes. I know that the Any-thing-cauna have a huge potential for being some degree of Easter Egging mix.

Well I just fell in love with the Ameracauna (type?) birds as soon as I got them home, and still little more each day! Then I scored a beautiful Ameracauna roo who is already casual with people and other pets :D
So now I'm wondering if I might actually get a true (or at least truer) to standard flock?

& we shall eat every brown egg that ever doth drop, No Ameradottes or Wyanacaunas please & thank you.

Hi folks. The birds pictured above are not Ameraucanas. Is there any chance you could move your discussion to the Easter Egger Thread? I started this thread for the discussion of SOP bred color varieties or project varieties of Ameraucanas.

Hi folks. The birds pictured above are not Ameraucanas. Is there any chance you could move your discussion to the Easter Egger Thread? I started this thread for the discussion of SOP bred color varieties or project varieties of Ameraucanas.
feel free to delete the post(s). & thanks for your help in answering my question ;)

Uhm...I don't mean to barge in here - but was that really necessary? I understand you want to keep this thread devoted to the subject of Ameraucanas, but he did say he was just learning. Seems to me, he came to the right place to learn...

Back
Top Bottom