Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I have had EE's for a while and got nice blue eggs. I ordered some BLUE SPLASH WHEATEN AMERAUCANA HATCHING EGGS from ebay and got these eggs that are green? I was assured that they are full Blue Splash Wheaten Ameraucana's... Can that be true?
Probably the same Ebayer that I got duped by a couple of years ago. She probably got them from a hatchery that mistakenly called them Ameraucanas, but they are EE. Mine all had green legs. I still have one of the hens. She is very sweet and lays nice green eggs, but is too dark to look like a wheaten.

In my reading of many post the last couple of days I saw, and I cannot remember where. This guy had a project where he crossed a wheaten with a lavender. And what he got was beautiful birds that was similar to lavender but much lighter. If I can find it I will let you know. I was impressed .

I have had EE's for a while and got nice blue eggs. I ordered some BLUE SPLASH WHEATEN AMERAUCANA HATCHING EGGS from ebay and got these eggs that are green? I was assured that they are full Blue Splash Wheaten Ameraucana's... Can that be true?

I've been looking for hatching eggs on eBay lately and if it's the same person I'm thinking of, then they are most definitely EE's. You can tell by the coloring of the birds in the photos, they don't match any legit Ameraucana variety. I've seen other listings for vaguely reddish/brown birds labeled "Wheaten Ameraucanas" which are also clearly EE's from the pictures provided. It's a shame people either don't know what they're selling or are trying to dupe their customers by calling their birds a specific color variety.

If in doubt, compare pics to the scrapbook at the Ameraucana Breeder's Club website: http://www.ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html

Or post them here and we'll help you out.

If you zoom in on the pictures, you can see the legs are green.
hmm.png
That is the same lady that I bought eggs from a couple of years ago. They are NOT true Ameraucanas.
barnie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom