Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Most of my Ameraucana flock came from Jean including several of her white roosters...love her birds but every white rooster from her that we have or already sold has major breed faults and not breeding quality.Thinking about doing something different with the pullets..I do know where to find other nice white roosters-just not sure I want to.

Quote:
Sorry about that, you must have made "Murphy" mad....

I did get a couple roos this year with some red leakage (and 1 hen), but I think the percentage of them is relatively small when compared to the number of birds I hatched. I have alot of nice looking white cockerels growing out right now. I did change the cock bird in the pen this year.

he.gif
my boys have a wide red band from one wing tip across the shoulder and down to the other wing tip.He found a home as an EE roo My other boy has black tail feathers and legs of a giraffe.I do have one boy that I'm waiting to see how he fills out...no major flaws but his body parts are not fitting together well yet-keeping him for now he may surprise me .The pullets are beautiful as well as every other chick from the other colors..I'm just jinxed on the white roos. I would consider shipping a nice roo or a pair if it were a splash pullet
big_smile.png

I'm going to list 2 juvenile wheaten pullets from Garners next week. I like the ones that I've hatched better, plus I want to concentrate on the lavs. Anybody going to be in the area that wants them let me know. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

I just had to brag for a sec on here....... I went to the county fair this week (nothing major but I'm still excited) and showed some of my bantam black ameraucanas against some other nice BBS and Silver bantams and won Champion AOCCL and Reserve Grand Champion Bantam with a Black Bantam Pullet. I'm soooo excited!!!!

Quote:
Congratulations!!!
clap.gif

Thanks the show was Monday but just haven't had time to get on the computer! I was excited hopefully I can finally get an Ameraucana on Champion Row at an Jr. Open show soon!

Quote:
Congrats, that's totally cool!

HappyMtn, I wouldn't mind having a couple more Wheaten girls. I love the one I got from Jean. She's so pretty. Sure wish you were closer.

I was just reading a few posts back about the whites. I really haven't seen too many really typy whites in the Large Fowl, but then again I haven't really kept up with all the breeders and shows and have never purchased any myself from a breeder. I have two white girls (one is my avatar at the moment), and now one white male that I'm really happy with except for his comb. It's too large. He's big and sturdy and his beard and hackles are nice and full. I'll have to get a picture so you guys can give me your unbiased opinion. I hope to breed him back to his mom and his aunt, but I'd also like to find a few more white girls for him.

Back
Top Bottom