Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Oh I think Lavenders are just adorable as chicks, and I think a well colored adult male is really pretty looking, but, from what I see otherwise, the hens especially look grey to me.
hide.gif
If they didn't so commonly have weird feather etching/quality issues I'd love them more, but, to me a freshly molted blue hen is prettier. But I would say, a Lav male is prettier than a Blue male.

I think they are too, I had a gorgeous blue once (went to Cloverleaf, then to, umm, wolftracks? rainwolf?) AquaEyes just knows that I like more complicated/patterned colors more than solid pastels like Lavender, Blue, Splash, etc.

I think they are too, I had a gorgeous blue once (went to Cloverleaf, then to, umm, wolftracks? rainwolf?) AquaEyes just knows that I like more complicated/patterned colors more than solid pastels like Lavender, Blue, Splash, etc.

I would much rather look at a blue like Poseidon than a lavender like Leonidas too.....

Looks like a brain abnormality or a skull deformation to me.

x2

I think Leonidas' color is just awesome though. It reminds me more of the SOP illustrations of Self-Blue, whereas (and I don't know why) they're more of a deep titanium gray instead of a pale steely gray.

But I must admit I think Poseidon's type rocks.
hide.gif
I really wish I got some babies out of him and kept them before he left. . . They would've come in GREAT use right now.

Have to say Poseidon is the nicest Gentlemen of a Rooster. He will go get treats and take them to the "outside" ladies... I have to make sure all the girls are stuffed or he will not eat :rolleyes:

He's been teaching my bantam rooster not to sneak attack the girls.... but to dance and woo em.

Back
Top Bottom