Ameraucana x RIR

hi all!! i come with a quest. i have a beautiful mystery boy! (well, most people are saying boy at least)

i hatched him from a “mystery” egg. i assumed EE because greenish egg and what i thought was a pea comb, but just learned it’s a cushion comb! and tragically they only do parentage dna tests for pigeons, not chickens, i’m going crazy trying to figure it out!

so far on another thread here, y'all helped out and we had a couple conclusions.
-he has a cushion comb, one gene for pea and one for rose combs.
-most likely a sex linked breed because he's white with gold leakage but not a pure white.
-one parent, probably mom, was an EE

any insight would be so appreciated.

so let me introduce to you, Georgie!

He hatched from this egg, that I'm dumb and thought said "shw" because I was reading it upside down..
View attachment 2575715

between 1-2 weeks. a very precious blob.

View attachment 2575744

awkward teenage phase
View attachment 2575717

filling in the feathers! 5-6 weeks old
View attachment 2575745

9-10 weeks
View attachment 2575746

10-11ish weeks. His gorgeous tail feathers!
View attachment 2575721

~10 weeks sitting on my knee. Every morning and evening I go in the coop and they sit on me for a bit :) George especially, Sophie, my gal prefers the shoulder lol.
View attachment 2575723

Lil muffs and beard. His* comb can get very red like 3 photos up, but then will be a lighter pink like in this throughout the day. He's got a mood comb??
View attachment 2575725

Okay if you actually read this all thank you and I hope you enjoyed Georgie's modeling skills. Let me know if anything comes to mind about him! :)
i think he looks gorgeous! :D

This is Hikari, she is one month old.
Her mother is a splash Ameraucana and her father is a white Silkie. She is very friendly and sweet. First photo is as a one day old. Hoping she’ll lay light blue eggs, time will tell! 😊
23E92E00-FDFB-4311-849E-2E26823E6C08.jpeg
B1D12E86-29C4-45BC-973A-32BF4DB5A8F6.jpeg
471B409B-777A-4D55-AA3F-58E326356F00.jpeg

hi all!! i come with a quest. i have a beautiful mystery boy! (well, most people are saying boy at least)

i hatched him from a “mystery” egg. i assumed EE because greenish egg and what i thought was a pea comb, but just learned it’s a cushion comb! and tragically they only do parentage dna tests for pigeons, not chickens, i’m going crazy trying to figure it out!

so far on another thread here, y'all helped out and we had a couple conclusions.
-he has a cushion comb, one gene for pea and one for rose combs.
-most likely a sex linked breed because he's white with gold leakage but not a pure white.
-one parent, probably mom, was an EE

any insight would be so appreciated.

so let me introduce to you, Georgie!

He hatched from this egg, that I'm dumb and thought said "shw" because I was reading it upside down..
View attachment 2575715

between 1-2 weeks. a very precious blob.

View attachment 2575744

awkward teenage phase
View attachment 2575717

filling in the feathers! 5-6 weeks old
View attachment 2575745

9-10 weeks
View attachment 2575746

10-11ish weeks. His gorgeous tail feathers!
View attachment 2575721

~10 weeks sitting on my knee. Every morning and evening I go in the coop and they sit on me for a bit :) George especially, Sophie, my gal prefers the shoulder lol.
View attachment 2575723

Lil muffs and beard. His* comb can get very red like 3 photos up, but then will be a lighter pink like in this throughout the day. He's got a mood comb??
View attachment 2575725

Okay if you actually read this all thank you and I hope you enjoyed Georgie's modeling skills. Let me know if anything comes to mind about him! :)
Georgie is to die for!
:lovethat awkward teenage faze is my favorite 🤣🥰

My mix! Amelia Egghart. She is supposed to be an ameraucana araucana mix, but she doesnt seem to have puffy cheeks whatsoever. She isa little over a month old so no clue what color eggs we will get.
Some Easter egger mixes will forgo the puffed cheeks! I have an Australorp x EE mix that has a bare face but lays light green eggs, so here's to hoping your chick is a colorful layer!
It's possible she is an OEGB x EE, her coloring is giving off gamefowl vibes! Either way, she is beautiful. ;)

Some Easter egger mixes will forgo the puffed cheeks! I have an Australorp x EE mix that has a bare face but lays light green eggs, so here's to hoping your chick is a colorful layer!
It's possible she is an OEGB x EE, her coloring is giving off gamefowl vibes! Either way, she is beautiful. ;)
I believe she cane from Murray hatchery who claim to have their ameraucanas and araucanas together. Which would seem that there is a 1/3 chance of getting a pure bred chicken or a mix. I'm new to the chicken forums and havent learned all the lingo yet. What is an OEGB?

I believe she cane from Murray hatchery who claim to have their ameraucanas and araucanas together. Which would seem that there is a 1/3 chance of getting a pure bred chicken or a mix. I'm new to the chicken forums and havent learned all the lingo yet. What is an OEGB?

"OEGB" is Old English Game Bantam. You'll see lots of shorthand names for birds/their descriptions like,
SLW - Silver Laced Wyandotte
BLRW - Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
LF - Large Fowl
BO - Buff Orpington

Just to name a few!

Back
Top Bottom