Your right. My point being is if it’s Americuana then it’s a decendant of Araucana which is the original blue egg layer. Americuana is an actual breed that lays blue because it’s Araucana mixed with any white layer. But if that Americuana was mixed with any brown egger it will lay green. Hatcherys do try to confuse people. I’ve even been sold Americana’s ( no u in it ) and they were Easter eggers. But Easter eggers have a chance of laying blue eggs from the Araucana game gene or a green egg from and olive egger which is the blue gene mixed with brown. Regardless 90 percent chance of blue or green eggs so yes technically an Easter egger but I do think the bird has Americuana in it
Americana is not a breed. It is a misspelling now commonly used to confuse people. Hatcheries spell it that way frequently and often on purpose to pretend they have the real thing but it is NOT the correct breed name or a breed by itself. Anything spelled that way is for sure an Easter Egger and that was Odd’s point. No reputable breeder would sell them as Americana. It’s not a thing. They may have ameraucana in them (doubtful though) but Americana is the same exact thing as an Easter Egger. There’s no difference.

Lol I meant to reply to this one when I said this statement is true and I’m not disputing that
You just said Americana was an actual breed though ?? It’s not. ameraucana is. Also ameraucana are not mixed breeds. They’ve been a separate breed as Aracaunas for a while now.

Americana is not a breed. It is a misspelling now commonly used to confuse people. Hatcheries spell it that way frequently and often on purpose to pretend they have the real thing but it is NOT the correct breed name or a breed by itself. Anything spelled that way is for sure an Easter Egger and that was Odd’s point. No reputable breeder would sell them as Americana. It’s not a thing. They may have ameraucana in them (doubtful though) but Americana is the same exact thing as an Easter Egger. There’s no difference.
Fair enough we’re all right and agree with each other when I re read all the posts closely ,the confusion with the I and U definatly work if you don’t look at the name carefully 😀 nite yall

Your right. My point being is if it’s Americuana then it’s a decendant of Araucana which is the original blue egg layer. Americuana is an actual breed that lays blue because it’s Araucana mixed with any white layer. But if that Americuana was mixed with any brown egger it will lay green. Hatcherys do try to confuse people. I’ve even been sold Americana’s ( no u in it ) and they were Easter eggers. But Easter eggers have a chance of laying blue eggs from the Araucana game gene or a green egg from and olive egger which is the blue gene mixed with brown. Regardless 90 percent chance of blue or green eggs so yes technically an Easter egger but I do think the bird has Americuana in it
No please re read this I said americuana is an actual breed

No please re read this I said americuana is an actual breed
Wow spell check sucks. It’s hard to spell it without the I. No I in it is the real breed grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. All the confusion is mine yall sorry for the confusion. Again I admit when I’m wrong. Ameracuana is the real breed. Goodness. Again I feel dumb Sorry y’all. Spell check is crap

Wow spell check sucks. It’s hard to spell it without the I. No I in it is the real breed grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. All the confusion is mine yall sorry for the confusion. Again I admit when I’m wrong. Ameracuana is the real breed. Goodness. Again I feel dumb Sorry y’all. Spell check is crap
I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to be such a jerk about it. :oops: I totally understand spell check issues! I myself had to Google to find the real spelling. :oops: you’re right that we all agree and I should have asked or clarified or something first. :hugs

Just didn’t want people getting confused or ripped off thinking they’re getting the real thing with that spelling, you know? And some people are adamant it still is even after proven it’s not ha ha so I think that’s why everyone reacted how they did but I do apologize and did not mean to make you feel dumb or attack you or anything. :hugs

I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to be such a jerk about it. :oops: I totally understand spell check issues! I myself had to Google to find the real spelling. :oops: you’re right that we all agree and I should have asked or clarified or something first. :hugs

Just didn’t want people getting confused or ripped off thinking they’re getting the real thing with that spelling, you know? And some people are adamant it still is even after proven it’s not ha ha so I think that’s why everyone reacted how they did but I do apologize and did not mean to make you feel dumb or attack you or anything. :hugs
Thank you. I know what you mean. That’s big of you. Again I apologize also. All is well ✌️☺️

For what their word is worth, MyPetChicken (hatchery) offers "true Ameraucanas." (BBS_Ameraucanas) The blue hen one in their picture looks exactly like the hen my friend has. I just didn't think that rooster could be a blue/black/splash - I couldn't identify that color - so that that's what made me wonder.

A friend purchased some "easter eggers" in the spring. The females look just like blue ameraucanas to me. The one rooster is gorgeous with blue/slate legs and a rose comb - almost looks to be wheaten blue in color. I'm curious, did this friend actually get blue ameraucanas or just some good looking easter eggers?View attachment 2353894View attachment 2353895View attachment 2353896View attachment 2353897
The cockerel is definitely an Easter egger- his coloring is mixed, not blue wheaten. Also, he has a pea comb, which both Easter eggers and ameraucanas have.
The hens could possibly be ameraucanas, but only if they lay blue eggs and have white/pink foot bottoms.

Back
Top Bottom