Amerecauna Sexing

Celestial18

Chirping
Apr 3, 2022
Has anyone had success? Mine are almost 5 weeks old. I was told the 3 pearl lines are unreliable, so now I am lost again. Is there anything else in the Amerecauna breed that will give me more of an answer?? Thank you. I have three of them, one is smaller than 2 of the others so I figured a pullet with one line or pearls, the others have 3 lines of pearls. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20220424_115124.jpg
    20220424_115124.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 7
I don't think the triple comb thing is reliable. Your chick is still too young to sex, but the comb is pale, so that's a good sign. Best to post back in 2 or 3 weeks if it isn't obvious by then.

Has anyone had success? Mine are almost 5 weeks old. I was told the 3 pearl lines are unreliable, so now I am lost again. Is there anything else in the Amerecauna breed that will give me more of an answer?? Thank you. I have three of them, one is smaller than 2 of the others so I figured a pullet with one line or pearls, the others have 3 lines of pearls. Thank you.
Do you have photos from different angles? I believe it is too young.

Yeah I would agree that it’s too young to know for sure. I had two very slowly maturing Ameraucanas and people assured me they were pullets…until they crowed. I would lean pullet based on photo, but the comb gives me early boy vibes.

It seems like you're trying to compare comb types. The "Three lines of "pearls" is called a pea comb and the "one line of pearls" would be a single comb, I'm guessing. I *believe* that pure Ameraucanas don't have single combs, right? I'd like to see pics of the smaller one just for curiosity's sake. That is, if you don't mind...

Back
Top Bottom