American Buff Geese

There were a few people, but I tried to be as inconspicuous as possible. lol You're not exactly supposed to get in the water, or climb over the railings, or probably take baby ducks...lol

And I have no idea what I'm going to do with the little squirts. They are absolutely precious and I was just glad to see them dry and warm this morning drinking alongside the baby chicks. I'm going out to pick up some unmedicated feed for them this afternoon after work since the little squirts can't have the stuff the chicks are on long term. I have no plans of pinioning them. And I'm undecided on clipping them to keep them around. What would you do? I don't know if it's responsible to take them back once they are old enough after teaching them to feed in captivity and that people aren't scary.

They aren’t skittish at all. They were a little in the catching process. Some would come right to me, but the last two in the fountain were determined they’d rather drown than be caught which is why I waded in. Today they are calm as can be. I’m pretty sure they imprinted a bit last night. They are perfectly content to climb in your hand and go to sleep.

Well I have the pair of American Buff geese and an indeterminate amount of eggs under her, I have the fourteen mallard ducklings, and I also have one pair of Silver-laced Orpingtons, four started birds from another bloodline (hopefully a quad), five chicks from my pair, and three eggs in the incubator. I also have finches (Lady Gouldian and Societies currently) as well as a Grey/Black morph of a Scarlet-chested Parakeet.

Well you sure know your birds. I think you'll do fine with these little orphans. How are they doing today by the way? Oh wait I'd love to see your silver laced Orps I have Chocolate and Mauve but haven't ever seen Silver laced.

Baby ducklings are still doing well. They are quite spazzy now. But I seem to remember that with my old Rouen ducklings as well. Georgia the goose is still sitting faithfully on her clutch. And I've posted the pictures of the Orpingtons in a few threads but I can post some for you here if you'd like. :)

Back
Top Bottom