American Gamefowl Thread!!!!

The pair I got does anyone know what type they are? I love the males colors. The guy that sold them to us didn't tell us what kind they are and its driving me bonkers. I should have asked him but it didn't cross my mind at the time.

Quote: The pair I got does anyone know what type they are? I love the males colors. The guy that sold them to us didn't tell us what kind they are and its driving me bonkers. I should have asked him but it didn't cross my mind at the time.
The rooster is some kind of grey

Thanks
smile.png
I think the female looks like a Black Breasted Red Old English but I'm not positive.

Hi. I'm fairly new here and have been trying to find out the breed of chickens that I have. I adopted them from a neighbor that moved away and abandoned them. I have been told they have "game" in them. Would any of you mind if I posted a few pics so I could get your opinions?

Oh thank you, and even guesses are good enough for me!

Here are a few pics. Sorry they aren't that good but my chickens haven't learned to pose for me yet! The rooster in the top pic is the same as in the bottom pic. Thanks again for looking

Good looking birds. Yup, I agree, that they look to have Game in them, probably crossed with some utility breed. But you knew that already. Come on fellas, any more specific guesses?

Thank you. I think they are a fine looking bunch, but I may be biased slightly! I had never raised chickens before but knew these couldn't be left to care for themselves. It saddens me when people take on responsibility to raise and care for something or someone then falls short and abandons them. In this case, I'm glad she did! I can't imagine not having them around.
I have one more pic to post but I have to go back out and beg that rooster to stand still! He looks nothing like the others and may be the link to the other breed or breeds.

Not a good pic

Last edited:
Thanks Deadgame, I like the way my Claret stags are turning out this year and they are still filling out nice.
I have two bloodlines.One is white legged and the other is yellow.

Back
Top Bottom