American Gamefowl

Flowers, spiders, weather talk on that one ... pink chaps and rooster pics on this one... it’s all the same to me, lol

I always loose this thread because this site doesn’t give me updates on this one for some reason (even though my settings are set to watch it) :hmm ... the MO thread is the only one I seem to be able to keep track of... but I’ve given up on the rest BYC :rolleyes:
Try "unwatch thread" then "watch thread" see if that makes a difference.
This is one thread I don't get alerts for it like I should either:idunno

Last edited:
I started phase 1 of "Operation Clean Up Molt" yesterday. :thIt took me all day, but between me & the kids we made a pretty good dent in it. We could've made enough pillows for every homeless person in San Diego county with what we threw out.
LOL I haven't started clean up yet, I still have hens dropping feathers everywhere...pitiful!

I had to clean them up. The birds are free range & there was feathers covering every surface of the yard, porch, driveway... They were starting to escape the compound & since we're already harboring an illegal rooster in a suburban neighborhood, I didn't want to piss the neighbors off. Besides, the way they were heavily clustered in all the weeds was starting to creep me out. :oops:

Yeah they usually disappear for the most part. I'm not gonna get them all hyped up cleaning out of the pens anyhow this time of year most of mine are still pushing feathers.

Was 36 this morning bring on the cooler weather!

I had to clean them up. The birds are free range & there was feathers covering every surface of the yard, porch, driveway... They were starting to escape the compound & since we're already harboring an illegal rooster in a suburban neighborhood, I didn't want to piss the neighbors off. Besides, the way they were heavily clustered in all the weeds was starting to creep me out. :oops:

:gig I didn't know feathers could creep someone out!

I've got to do a fall/winter cleanup soon! My coop gets so dusty it's ridiculous. I usually vacuum it at least couple of times a year. All the bedding needs to come out, etc., etc. I'm not looking forward to that for some reason:D

Getting a little cooler here too! Not in the 30s yet - maybe sometime this week, but that won't last. 45 this morning though.

:gig I didn't know feathers could creep someone out!

I should've taken a picture (that I could've deleted later & never looked at again.) We have Morning Glory vining all over the place. The vines were growing thick across the driveway & there was a blanket of feathers weaved into it. I don't know why, but there's just something creepy about a viney, feathered blanket laying across the asphalt. I couldn't rake those suckers up either. I just cut the vines out wherever it was blanketing.

Flowers, spiders, weather talk on that one ... pink chaps and rooster pics on this one... it’s all the same to me, lol

I always loose this thread because this site doesn’t give me updates on this one for some reason (even though my settings are set to watch it) :hmm ... the MO thread is the only one I seem to be able to keep track of... but I’ve given up on the rest BYC :rolleyes:
If you don't go to a thread for a while you won't get alerts. Just look in your watched threads list to see what's new.

Back
Top Bottom