American Gamefowl

20210328_125914.jpg

I have a free ranged hen that's broody and has been on the nest for 2nights counting tonight, how long should I wait before I put good eggs under her?
If you think she can safely finish them there I'd put some under her tonight or tomorrow morning. I might put her in a cage or coop with what she has under her then see if she stays on them another night.
I usually have them set for 2weeks then a dam snake comes and takes all the eggs then she set's another week then something, then find and kill the snake then she quits after setting another week and a half-2 weeks. But is was really 5 weeks straight of setting.

She's in the castle part of our kids play set so she should be able to set out fine with no interruptions. Should I take all the eggs out then put the new one in or take one put one?

I have a free ranged hen that's broody and has been on the nest for 2nights counting tonight, how long should I wait before I put good eggs under her?
I don't know!
I'd say if she sticks with it where she's at with this latest storm/bout of weather we're going through then I would try it and see how she does. You're not going to be quite as cold the next few nights as we are I don't think. You think she's protected enough there?

I've got one that's been laying eggs in an empty pen, she spent the night in there, so looks like she may have gotten the broody bug, we'll see.

How many are you going to put under her?
She's going to light you up probably LOL (Mine will!) If it were me, I'd have the "good ones" ready in a container, then take out the others, then just sort of let her have the good ones, she'll scoot them under her.

I don't know!
I'd say if she sticks with it where she's at with this latest storm/bout of weather we're going through then I would try it and see how she does. You're not going to be quite as cold the next few nights as we are I don't think. You think she's protected enough there?

I've got one that's been laying eggs in an empty pen, she spent the night in there, so looks like she may have gotten the broody bug, we'll see.
Not from the rain but from predators she should be fine. I have a few sheets of metal I'm going to put on top and weigh down with a couple blocks. We are supposed to be at 30 tomorrow night and Friday night is why I was asking

How many are you going to put under her?
She's going to light you up probably LOL (Mine will!) If it were me, I'd have the "good ones" ready in a container, then take out the others, then just sort of let her have the good ones, she'll scoot them under her.
I think the hen im taking eggs from to give her has 10 and the broody has 9. I know ur supposed to do it at night but I might try to do it when she comes off nest to eat?

She should be able to pullet off if the wind is off of her. I don't know how but they do even if you couldn't get an incubator warm enough outside. I'd just worry about the wind chill and if your worried about the temp is it going to warm up after tonight?

P.S. Pun intended. And it may take a few days longer if it's cold, at least in a bator.

Back
Top Bottom