American Idol

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by halo, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    IMO, this studio recording is the BEST song I have ever heard come off AI... EVER! I don't even listen to "secular" music anymore but I would pay money for that, lol!

2. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Songster

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    A vocal coach could help Lil with her intonation and getting the different registers of her voice to work more smoothly, but her style is just not distinct enough. There are so many OTHER R&B artists out there who sound enough like her, but do it so much better.

Interestingly enough, David Cook had a serious theatrical background, but, personally, I had no interest in him and think he will prove to be a flash in the pan.

I also have an extended opinion on how many of the prior singers have been mis-packaged on their solo album(s). But, that's a real soapbox for me. LOL.

Producers create the identity of the artist on records and Adam should be easily produced because he has the vocal athleticism to do whatever is asked of him. If there is any real concern about him being "too theatrical", the producer would be able to work with that.

But, many of the greatest pop/rock vocal performers were extremely theatrical in their moves and delivery. Most of our vocalist, including one major artist who has come to sell millions and millions of records and has been a successful recording artist since the mid 1980s went for theatrical coaching when making his first demo recordings.

My vocal instructor had her BA in Music and her MA in Theater. They go hand in hand.

3. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Songster

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    I never go and listen to the downloads, but I decided to hit the above link and have to agree that this is a really great performance and he has a truly amazing recording voice. Yeah, I don't often buy records, but I might have to buy his.
    Thanks for the link.

4. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Songster

Aug 23, 2008
    Quote:Was that the week he wore that silver suit. That was the day we got the new dvr set up. Hubby was plugging it in and getting it activated during the show. I missed half of it that week as well. I listened to half of the youtube thing. It was real good. I'd choose that over the recap part on this weeks show. I think sometimes the producers don't pick the right tidbits or the recaps.

5. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    I haven't watched this season but our local news station keeps giving us blurbs about how Matt is doing. He's a local from around here/Grand Rapids.

6. addiedunn

addiedunn Songster

Oct 12, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Quote:[​IMG] AWESOMENESS. I heard it live on Idol last week, too and loved it. He is over-the-top fantastic, Adam is.
    It did however, make me feel just a little old when he sang that as a song from his birth year. Geez. [​IMG]

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I also dont particularly care for Kara. And Paula, as sweet as she is, is getting on my nerves. Its the same thing with her all the time.

Adam is....unbelieveable. Ive never seen anyone on that show with such talent. His version of Ring Of Fire was MESMERIZING!!! I couldnt take my eyes off of him. And this from a 50+ farm girl. Last nights performance was, to me, his most average, and it was still fabulous. He changes looks like a chameleon, has range like no one else. I adore him!!

8. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:Was that the week he wore that silver suit. That was the day we got the new dvr set up. Hubby was plugging it in and getting it activated during the show. I missed half of it that week as well.

I missed it too because I had a work meeting. AI has the performances on their website if you happen to miss the show... http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_8/performances/adam_lambert_mad_world

9. jjthink

jjthink Crowing

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Adam is brilliant. Stands out. Mad World is mesmerizing. This coming from someone who does not manage to listen to much music and who is not usually able to get involved with non-critter posts..
    JJ

10. newnanchic

newnanchic Songster

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I missed the closing last night who went home ??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: