American Idol

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by halo, Mar 17, 2009.

1. lilshadow

lilshadow Songster

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    I like Matt, I think he is better than Lil and Anoop.

2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Who was in the bottom 2-3?

3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Matt (voted off but saved), Lil, and Anoop (safe from the bottom 2.)

4. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Thanks

5. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    You're welcome. [​IMG]

6. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Songster

Aug 23, 2008
    Matt is good but so is Anoop. I like Lil and she can definitely sing. She does great power and high notes but there's something in the middle missing. I'd love to see her go on after the show and get a voice coach to help her because she could definitely have a career in the music biz.

Having said that Jennifer Hudson was sooooo good tonight. I loved her back when she was on the show and was ticked when she was voted off. That being said; as much as I like Lil she is not at Jennifer's level.

For me there is just no superstar like last year.

7. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Songster

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    I spent a long time in the upper echelon of the music business, starting as a vocal coach/audio engineer and they working up into studio management and talent development, so I love to watch Idol to see if I can guess from the raw auditions who will do what. I kind of watch it from a different perspective than most others.

When they show picks a theme, like "Country Night", the artist is to select a song from that niche and THEN deliver it as if it would be the way that artist would record it for his or her own album. You would not expect many of the contestants from this year to perform a song in a country style, as that is not the style of music they choose.

A good song is a good song, and can translate into any style, it's just that YOU, the audience, will usually prefer to hear the song in a style of music you like and/or, with a cover song, the way you've most enjoyed it in the past. So, that's why it's a difficult between singing like a "karaoke singer" and making it your own and still be accepted by the audience.

The difference between a "cruise ship singer" and an "American Idol" is charisma. Two people can have exception vocals, but if one doesn't have star quality, they can forget a future. I think that is the problem with Matt, Lil, Anoop, Chris...can't remember who else is left...Danny, Allison and Adam have that "extra something" that would give them the impetus to be successful artists, if they are matched with the correct material and producer.

Adam does some amazingly difficult stuff when he sings. His singing ability just devastates the rest of the crowd. He might not be your choice of style, but he has chops. He's been my choice all along, if I had one I could sign.

Personally, I do NOT like the new judge. She is the one I'd like to send home next. LOL.

8. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:Could not agree with you more, except the last two lines. Personally, I like Kara's input. [​IMG]

9. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Songster

Aug 23, 2008
    I missed the first have of this weeks show. New dvr, forgot to set it. Rats. As far as Adam goes he does some weird stuff and this is coming from someone who isn't overly set on any style of music. He's got a great look as far as hair and makeup (make up on stage that is). The little recap at the end of the show reminded me of Broadway musicals. Yes he's got chops but he is too theatrical in voice as well as in physical performance. There's something about his look and his style on stage that for me is in conflict. I still can't see where he would go other than Broadway (which is still a great accomplishment).

Lil can sing R&B. There's something in the soft to mid that isn't working. I'd love to see her spend some time with a vocal coach and see if they could get that worked out. But she was criticized last week for not making the song her own. This week she follows their advise and she got no recognition for what she did. I loved her [email protected] style in The Rose. That being said when Jennifer Hudson sang last night I forgot who Lil was. In fact I forgot who all the contestants were. She was that good.

None of this years contestants come close to David Cook. I wish that cute little blond girl was still on because imo she was the best female that made it to the show. The girls don't have a chance this year.

10. Julie08

Julie08 Songster

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I agree Kara should be the one sent home! I love Simon and he only gets to judge every other performance? that's the part that sucks. I think they should have sent 5 home last night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: