American Idol

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by halo, Mar 17, 2009.

1. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Songster

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    I think Megan did great, especially being sick. I didn't like Adam, I thought he was awful.

2. lorieMN

lorieMN Songster

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    Megans song was perfect for her..Adam is a very talanted guy..the song was a bit like being on acid tho..Danny is great and so is Anoop..

3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I'm not a country music fan, but I love to hear Johnny Cash sing Ring of Fire. It would have been hard to hear someone else try to copy him, so even though I thought Adam's version was weird (and I did hear some Led Zeppelin sounding moments in there, like Paula said) I was glad that he changed it so that if I didn't know what the song was, I wouldn't have known what he was singing. Does that make sense? He completely took the Johnny out and put the Adam in - which, to me, was waayyyy better than trying to imitate Johnny! At least Adam's talent was able to shine through the weirdness. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
  4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    First year I haven't watched even one episode.

Doesn't sound like I'm missing much.

5. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Songster

Aug 23, 2008
    Adam can sing but the song was a little odd, maybe even good odd. Loved Anoop. I hope that either Megan (can't stand her vocals) or the almost blind guy (lacks vocals) will go. Thankfully we don't have Tatiana on the show.

6. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Actually, you're missing a good season, Mahonri. There are some very talented singers in this year's group. (I don't vote and I don't buy any of the music later, I just enjoy a good singing competition. [​IMG] )

7. Terri

Terri Songster

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    i hated Adam's work tonight, there is alot of stuff out there thats is freaky, but hearing Ring of Fire, thats like way was weird. But l loved megan's Walking After Midnight" that was super cool. Love that song, and Patsy Cline.

8. tail_feather

tail_feather Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Columbia, TN
    Man!!! I could not believe his range last night! He still managed to pull the song off very respectfully, and still make it his own. He never claimed to be country, but I think Johnny would have been happy. I am still amazed at his voice! But he is one of those that you will either love or hate. This season is definately full of talent! It's gonna be hard!

9. Orpington Poultry

Orpington Poultry Songster

Feb 27, 2009
    California
    I agree it was strange, weird, even a bit uncomfortable. But it was Adam doing his thing. I have always hated that song so I was happy to see it done so completely different than the original.

What I really loved was how the judges were left completely baffled by it. [​IMG]

10. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I really think Adam's vocals are so far above anyone else in the show right now, but I dont think he will be allowed to be American Idol. I think he's just too......different. If Megan werent so pretty, I think she would have been gone long ago. Her vocals sounded horrible to me last night, and the judges loved them. I didnt get that one at all. The red haired gal (Allison?) is phenomenal, too. She should definitely have a great career in music. Theres nothing she cant sing and sing well. I was very disappointed with Lil, but to take a song as well known as Martina McBrides song, without changing it all it, made it very disappointing. She's no Martina McBride.

I still can't get over Adam's version of Ring of Fire...I dont think Ive ever heard anything like it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: