American Idol

As a music teacher, I can say that Adam is the most talented of the two. However, I would not by a CD of his if he puts out a r & r CD of his screaming. I never like to see an "American Idol" demonstrate using his/her voice in this way. However, I would buy one that included only songs on the more mellow side. You can't beat him in that area.

What can I say, Kris is very good at what he does and he's a cutie. He has all the young girl votes and what are the demographics of the show?!! He could win the thing. At least I think he has just as much a chance as Adam at this point.

Just my opinion. I loved all of the top three and don't care who wins at this point.

I really don't care who wins, but I really do like Adam. His voice reminds me a bit of another favorite artist of mine, Darren Hayes (anyone remember Savage Garden?). Savage Garden was good, if not a little bit 'vapid pop' in retrospect, but okay. Ten years later Darren has a fairly successful solo career where he's really branched out and created some very good music.

That's what I predict from Adam. He's going to be something really great in about ten years.
wink.png

I was surprised Kris made it to the finals..... he is definitely the weakest singer and should have been out last week imo. I like Adam... don't care what his sexual orientation is.. a couple of my fav singers of all time are/were gay. Adam is a seasoned pro compared to any of the other contestants and a lot of the things people don't like about him are what make him so talented, its just not normal to see it on this show. I hope he wins next week, Kris is boring... cute yes... but singers like him are a dime a dozen .... his genre of music has plenty of talent already, he'll be lost in the shuffle. Adam... well he will actually do something new and refreshing for the music biz. i did think it was interesting that his family that they've been showing in the audience for weeks... was non existent in his hometown visit and on the show on wed. they were there on tues though. Just seemed weird that we didnt see them last night?

nancy

I really think Kris may have it even though Adam is the more talented of the two. Kris is probably going to pick up the voters from Danny. Then again....who knows. They're both awesome. This is the first year of idol that I haven't had an absolute favorite. The top three IMO are great.

I thought Kris did a better job with the song Kara co-wrote, but I think that is because that kind of song is much more Kris' style than Adam's.
What the heck did they do to the music in Mad World? NOT an improvement, IMO. It was nearly perfect the way it was first performed... it certainly wasn't broke, so don't try to fix it!
smack.gif
Adam still sang it great though.
wink.png

A little off topic...

I'm hearing this song, which I love, by Jimmy Needham all over the radio here lately. Does this guy's voice remind you all of Kris, or is it just me?

Jimmy...

Kris...
http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_8/performances/kris_allen_apologize

I agree, the second Mad World wasnt anywhere near as good as the first one. What were those wierd sounds anyway? And Adam didnt have near the emotion in the second one. All in all, the final show was disappointing.

This is the first year I haven't really been "into" American Idol. I guess I think Adam "should" be the winner, but I'm always wrong!

I think I'm still upset that Bo Bice didn't win. Don't get me wrong, I do like Carrie Underwood. But there was something about my Bo Bice...

I think Adam is so creative, but I really am OK with whoever wins!

Back
Top Bottom