American Longtails

Hey Kev:
About the "red pyle"rooster...
I know what makes him that color and I am going to tell you right now.
He has the black and white in his tail because he only has one copy of Dominant White. Two would make the black go away.
He also has one copy of Blue.
and he is not technically a red pyle. He has AT LEAST one copy of Silver (like silver duckwing instead of bbred) and most likely two (pure for silver)... the genetics for a red shoulder are separate.

Do you know how he is bred? He is very nice looking.
And also, where did the Fibro crow-wing bird come from? Is that from your own breeding? He looks good too. I have a good friend that is breeding some of those as well, trying to make them in black and bbred as well.

About the peafowl...
Would you be interested in swapping some peafowl eggs for some of my longtail eggs?
or birds...?
let me know

Thanks

wclawrence,

Aha you cleared up something for me, I can see the duckwing pattern in him now. I knew he wasn't exactly a "pyle" but couldn't put a finger on why til now. I did guess he had either dominant white or was splash(blue).. but wasn't sure until he was bred to the cuckoo hen. Now I know he has Blbl+.. and dominant white. I think the white chicks are recessive whites- there were/are recessive whites in the flock.. What confuses me is how can he have that much black if he has dominant white and blue though? Isn't blue often added to dominant whites to clean up the white? Why isn't all of his black markings blue? He has quite a lot of black unaffected by blue in the tail- the veins of the main tail are black.. He is interesting to look at that's for sure.

Yes he was "bred" by me.. they were completely free range, so don't know who his exact parents were or their color and they much rather "bred" themselves.
wink.png
The Fm rooster is the same although I know roughly knew his line- a cuckoo rooster bred with one of my Fm naked necks and he is about 3 generations down from that, same with the cuckoo hen. She may actually have Fm also, except cuckoo also represses the skin color..

Trade would have been nice, however I am making all of those longtails available to make room for my naked necks, which are my first love(or trait as it may be lol) as breeds go. I may consider selling peafowl eggs later on, sure have a lot Indias in several different colors and spaldings.

Tommy, he has the black skin, like on silkies. For a better view of the black skin, here's one of my black skinned naked necks:

fmhen89.jpg

The skin is black all over the body. The bones are black, so are some organs and muscles.. the different muscles come in different shades of grey and black, always the same shade for the same muscle on both sides of body.. very interesting "anatomy lesson" for sure.

Here's picture of the rooster taken early this week:

ltrooster49.jpg

Chicks:

ltchicks02jpg.jpg

Cockerel from longtail rooster over OEGB hen:

ltoegbcross.jpg

The roo looks real cool. Green, Blue, and White on the tail.

So awsome. I hope breeders can find out how to breed Longtails with white tails on color bodied. Lol

- Tommy

Back
Top Bottom