American serama thread!

hello again.
needed oppinions on one more bird. this little one is a super cute silkie serama that i am looking at. she is 4 months old, and obviously not standing to her full potential. please remember that pet quality is fine with me. i just want to make sure that i am not dooped again, and really appreciate the oppinion of people more knowledgable than myself. the couple who bred this bird has assured me that she is 100% pure and that her parents are on site. thank you all again. :D

Shes 100% pure something, but its NOT serama. Besides the crest, there are the pink legs too.
She is cute tho.......:)

Well pink/white legs are just NOT found within the serama breed, Yes it is still open as far as yellow / swarthy / black but never pink.
Where are you in CA, I can give ya some breeder names. EVERY breeder has PQ birds.
smile.png
Are you certain white legs are not found in Seramas? I have a purebred cockerel who has black-dusted white legs, and I saw one of the guys on SCNA forum post black bird with black over white legs. It can happen, it might not be common, but it happens. BUT that little bird is not a silkied Serama...more likely Silkie/Serama mix

Are you certain white legs are not found in Seramas? I have a purebred cockerel who has black-dusted white legs, and I saw one of the guys on SCNA forum post black bird with black over white legs. It can happen, it might not be common, but it happens. BUT that little bird is not a silkied Serama...more likely Silkie/Serama mix
There are also birds with green and slate legs... no color is offlimits

Well, our first eggs have arrived at the post office and my hubby has gone to see if he can pick them up :lol:. I'm 10,000 miles away and am still so excited! Wait 'till he finds out I already ordered another batch to hatch after this one, ROFL :lau

He thinks he's gonna be able to hatch a batch of leghorns again after these are finished, :lol:. Not likely! I can only fit a few eggs at a time in our home made 'bator! I really just didn't think I'd have much of a chance with serama eggs in general, let alone from 2300 miles away. Still, I'm hoping 'cause the seller had some gorgeous pictures!

I gots a question: I think bantam sultans are so adorable, if I got a couple of hens, would they get along with the Seramas? They are apparently very docile...

So I'm talking to a guy now who says he has seramas for sale and he got them from a breeder named Grady Taylor in Florida. Has anyone heard of this breeder? What's his reputation like? You have all been so helpful thus far. Thank you all again.

So I'm talking to a guy now who says he has seramas for sale and he got them from a breeder named Grady Taylor in Florida. Has anyone heard of this breeder? What's his reputation like? You have all been so helpful thus far. Thank you all again.
Yes Grady is one of the top breeders in the country. He has awesome birds. He lives in North Florida near me. He has a website although it is new and under construction...I believe it is Grady's Seramas.....you can google it. I have it bookmarked at home.

Back
Top Bottom