American serama thread!

These three are my only babies left from my Jan 1st hatch. I'm going to find s home for the little cockerel, but am keeping the two girls. It's been fun watching them grow.

My new babies. I'm thinking the black and white will be mottled and its coming in silkied. Love them both.

love.gif

You guys, I'm pretty sure it's a Japanese. I just didn't know for sure myself. I've looked up both, and I can see the difference. I doubt the hatcheries won't be doing anything with them any time too soon. Tell you what though..they are adorable!!! How are people getting them..I know some have had them for years, and have hatched their own, but do folks send eggs out to hatch to others? They are just darling! Are they a sweet bird too? Flighty, but friendly? :)
I have japanese too. They look quite a bit alike, are still pretty small, and are really nice birds. Mine aren't quite as friendly as the serama, but still sweet. And very calm, and quiet. Here's some of my mottled babies.

These three are my only babies left from my Jan 1st hatch. I'm going to find s home for the little cockerel, but am keeping the two girls. It's been fun watching them grow.

Very cute!

How big is that cage you've got? I have one that similar but I don't think mine is that deep, however I also have a good inch of shavings/wood pellets under them so they look taller haha. Do they kick a lot of bedding out all over your floor? Mine make an absolute DISASTER... I sweep a good 4 times a day, I was hoping switching to wood pellets would make less of a mess, heavier so less likely to fly out but now it just hurts my feet when I step on them instead of sticking nice and flat to my feet lol

How big is that cage you've got? I have one that similar but I don't think mine is that deep, however I also have a good inch of shavings/wood pellets under them so they look taller haha. Do they kick a lot of bedding out all over your floor? Mine make an absolute DISASTER... I sweep a good 4 times a day, I was hoping switching to wood pellets would make less of a mess, heavier so less likely to fly out but now it just hurts my feet when I step on them instead of sticking nice and flat to my feet lol

Thats too funny! They are little piggies! I can just feel those pellets under foot...OUCH OUCH OUCH....

Thats too funny! They are little piggies! I can just feel those pellets under foot...OUCH OUCH OUCH....
We have an all tile floor too and those round little wood tubelet things roll a lot further than light flying shavings, it covers most of my room lol... every time I think for sure it's punctured my skin an broken a bone... oh yea it's a tiny little pellet... *mumbles bird profanities*
I don't remember. It's not real big, because I got it for the babies. It came from Petsmart.
Huh I wonder if mine is the same size. Yours just looks so much deeper than mine in the picture. Maybe I'm just complaining knowing I'll never get anything bigger for the babies haha, I was lucky, I got mine off craigslist nearly new for $15! Just gotta get DH to let me finish the freaking outdoor brooder so those messy teen birds can go out where they belong!!!!!

Hey outta curiosity has anyone ever had a crossbeak serama?? I feel like they are so fragile a crossbeak wouldn't make it, but I was just wondering, I just had a lone one-eyed crossbeak BLRW hatch yesterday and he actually made it through the night!!!

I had a large Brahma hen get attacked by a raccoon and it twisted up her beak (not to mention her entire face), at first I needed to feed her, then she just started learning how to use it. I'm sure that since it's a chick, it will never know anything is wrong and learn to use it in a different way. On the other hand, you wouldn't want to hatch any of her eggs.

I had a large Brahma hen get attacked by a raccoon and it twisted up her beak (not to mention her entire face), at first I needed to feed her, then she just started learning how to use it. I'm sure that since it's a chick, it will never know anything is wrong and learn to use it in a different way. On the other hand, you wouldn't want to hatch any of her eggs.
Yikes that sounds no fun! He's pretty severe, he will probably always need to be tube fed - not a problem really - I was just wondering about serama. I can't imagine trying to tube feed a freshly hatched serama, too tiny!

Is it genetic? I assumed this was because of the crappy treatment of the eggs in transit. I also noticed today he's got a really soft skull... kinda creey really

is this a boy or a girl? i'm having so much trouble determining! shes 94 days old. i have until tomorrow to figure out. please anyone help. this picture was taken 2 weeks ago and now her/his comb is a tiny bit bigger. i noticed that his/her vent is alittle smaller than my olandsk dwarf hen. and if she is a girl, when can i expect eggs? she ways about 12.38 ounces and is 94 days old?
!

Back
Top Bottom