American serama thread!

HI Everyone....
smile.png

I am feeling sad and surprized about it..........I sold 8 of my LF pullets and feel like I am going to cry.
I was thrilled that they went together because they were raised together.but my heart hurts.........
Anyway, I came in to talk about my Seramas
I have two hens caged together.one hatched out one egg...........chick is cute as bugs ear.
The other hen had helped set the eggs and now has gone broody herself....
They are so sweet. Mom hen sets the new eggs I put in for broody and broody hen cares for the chick,
then they switch ..................So much better than T.V..
My two about, 7, weeks are sitting on the roost........I am certain they are saying "look at me, I'm a big kid now"

I am going to switch servers this week and hope this will allow me to post pictures.
I have dial up.switching to DSL? the fast one
roll.png

I really want to share these guys....partly because I enjoy your pictures so much.

Last edited:
Mane you guys can help... My serama is giving me a hard time. have 2 hens, one serama, and one olandsk dwarf. these two hens were in the same cage together for most of their lives with no problems. long story short i gave the olandsk dwarf to a women who wanted to see if she can handle raising chickens. she took the olandsk dwarf  about 2 1/2 weeks ago. when i brought her back the serama and her started pecking each other. i quickly separated them and put the olandsk dwarf in a cage next to the run were the serama can see her. the olandsk dwarf cooled down, but the serama is still agressive towards her. the serama is not taking her eyes off of her. the serama is 13 weeks old and the olandsk dwarf is 12 weeks old. how can i put them back together in the coop

Mane you guys can help... My serama is giving me a hard time. have 2 hens, one serama, and one olandsk dwarf. these two hens were in the same cage together for most of their lives with no problems. long story short i gave the olandsk dwarf to a women who wanted to see if she can handle raising chickens. she took the olandsk dwarf  about 2 1/2 weeks ago. when i brought her back the serama and her started pecking each other. i quickly separated them and put the olandsk dwarf in a cage next to the run were the serama can see her. the olandsk dwarf cooled down, but the serama is still agressive towards her. the serama is not taking her eyes off of her. the serama is 13 weeks old and the olandsk dwarf is 12 weeks old. how can i put them back together in the coop

That's just them being natural chickens. Since you took the other hen away, they won't remember each other, and are trying to re-establish the pecking order.

Day 12 on the Serama. I had too throw 2 away, one was clear/going to explode, another was a blood ring, and I dropped one with veining...:( So as of now I have 14. Going to re-candle ALL of them tonight and toss any clears, blood rings, or quitters... We'll see how many I have left after that...

Should I put the olandsk dwarf back in their and let them fight? And you should get eggs from charliesweb1k on YouTube. I incubated his eggs and had 100% fertility and development. All made it to lockdown and hatching. I had to give some chicks away because I could not keep them all. You should check him out!:D:/:p

Back
Top Bottom