American serama thread!

he's an awesome bird what breed is he? How big ?I have been thinking of a tom for a while now but am thinking I want a tiny one if there is one . Someone needs to bring the turkey to chicken size.

Hi everybody, this is my first time having chickens ever and it is for my school. Long story short I incubated some eggs and luckily got 4 beautiful little chicks. Three silkies and one serama. Recently, my little serama's comb- I think that is the name for it- has started to grow. I can't have any roos but I think serama males don't make AS much noise. Anyways, does any one have any ideas? I can post pictures if that would help. My school is located in Berkeley, Ca. If the serama is a male, if anyone is interested and lives close or is willing to come pick him up and keep him, and provide him with a nice home, I am willing to give him up for free. He is from my knowledge a pure serama. Mom and dad are from a friends local backyard chicken coop. Please let me know, any thing will help.
fl.gif
fl.gif

it depends... my seramas comb turned big sooner than i expected. its a girl! is she bigger than the silkies? if it is it might just be a dominant female. they tend to grow larger combs and wattles. if you can, provide a pic. im doing it for school to. tenth grade IB project.

LL

Last edited:
Hi everybody, this is my first time having chickens ever and it is for my school. Long story short I incubated some eggs and luckily got 4 beautiful little chicks. Three silkies and one serama. Recently, my little serama's comb- I think that is the name for it- has started to grow. I can't have any roos but I think serama males don't make AS much noise. Anyways, does any one have any ideas? I can post pictures if that would help. My school is located in Berkeley, Ca. If the serama is a male, if anyone is interested and lives close or is willing to come pick him up and keep him, and provide him with a nice home, I am willing to give him up for free. He is from my knowledge a pure serama. Mom and dad are from a friends local backyard chicken coop. Please let me know, any thing will help. :fl :fl

Pictures please.

he's an awesome bird what breed is he? How big ?I have been thinking of a tom for a while now but am thinking I want a tiny one if there is one . Someone needs to bring the turkey to chicken size.
Banner is a Royal Palm which is a heritage turkey. He makes a very large arm load but you can pick up heritage turkeys. About 18-20 pounds full grown is what the Toms get. Hen quite a bit smaller. If you raise Heritage to eat they are processed at a smaller size. When we did they were 12-15 pounds.
Banner and my Blue Bell are safe from the freezer!

anyone selling fertile serama eggs? i really want a non - crowing rooster! i cant have roosters in my neighborhood so if someone is selling eggs from a rooster and hen that don't crow, please tell me! i want to trade eggs for the following.

COINS:

1899 Indian head penny

1944 silver quarter

1964 Silver Dime, and 1927 Buffalo Nickel

A Few Mixed Wheat Pennies (Mixed Dates, More Than Four)

STONES:

Raw Australian Opal

Raw Ruby

Raw Quartz From James Town Gold Mine, CA.

1ct Raw Ruby, 1ct Raw Midnight Sapphire

EXTRA:

At least one hundred tomato seeds from at least 5 different tomatoes i grown and enjoyed myself. but theirs a surprise element to it! they are all mixed in, so you have no idea what they are! just grow and be surprised! and also as a bonus, bonus I'm including 50 melon seeds all different some heirlooms. these are mixed too. thanks! let me know if you are interested!

i am selling the Olandsk Dwarf i showed the picture of in this thread. shes very pretty and very very, soft. it might not look as if so, but her tail is slightly pointed up. kind of like a barred plymouth rock tail. she is 94 days old, this means she will start laying eggs soon! my only problem is that she is not a serama! i recommend someone with chickens already so she acclimates better. you must live in/near Miami, Fl. i frequently go to Davie, Fl. i can meet you, or drop her off at Griff's Western feed store in Davie, Fl. please PM me for prices.

LL

LL

Larps1234 seramas crow a few don't but the majority crow. Often when a person has multiple roos the ones on the bottom of the pecking order don't crow. But when those same birds are given their own pen they crow

Back
Top Bottom