American serama thread!

larps1234

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 19, 2012
Miami, Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Just thinking of tiny turkeys reminds me of that commercial of that russion guy with the pet mini giraffe! Lol I can only think of slaughtering chickens that I accepted their fate when they are baby's. It would be heartbreaking to take the lfe of a chick you are attached too. Has anyone here eaten serama? :/:p:D

Last edited:

BantyChickenLuv

Songster
7 Years
Feb 26, 2012
Oregon
Only got 1 pip from my Serama's from BHep... I put 8 into lockdown. Nothing from the others. If the one that pipped hatches tonight/tomorrow morning it'll be right on time. Still nothing from the others.

Pinx

Songster
8 Years
May 18, 2011
Amarillo, Texas
Just thinking of tiny turkeys reminds me of that commercial of that russion guy with the pet mini giraffe! Lol I can only think of slaughtering chickens that I accepted their fate when they are baby's. It would be heartbreaking to take the lfe of a chick you are attached too. Has anyone here eaten serama?
:D
Nope.. cause then I would have to explain to these two what happened to their favorite chickens.

These are my 2 favorite hens, and my son and nephew think they hung the moon.

(Yeah don't pay attention to the background... it is a work in progress lol)

muddyhorse

Songster
10 Years
Aug 11, 2009
Bloomsdale, MO
kukupecpec the bedding is made from ground corn cobs. some feed stores carry it. it is also used in parrot cages. when packaged for livestock it runs about $6-7 a bag. for birds it is $15 a bag same stuff just fancy packaging. a little goes a long way. so much less dust. good luck with your babies.

BantyChickenLuv

Songster
7 Years
Feb 26, 2012
Oregon
Alright, here he is... I named him Stormy and if its a she It'll be named Raine. He thinks I'm his mom as last night I had an incubator emergency and had to take him out and snuggle him to keep him warm.

The egg on the right pipped this morning.

Top Bottom