American serama thread!

I have 25 Serama eggs in lock down. In three different incubators, because they are from three different breeders. I am wanting some different genes ging on as I start this breeding myself. I had 9 go into lock down from one breeder, 8 from each of the others.
Kind of nervous here!! It's day 20 tomorrow for one, the other two are a day behind these. No pips yet. Hoping for some pips at least tomorrow. I've been told by each breeder, that their eggs don't hatch until day 20 or 21, once in a while, day 19, but not often. Most on day 21. Oh the wait!

I have 25 Serama eggs in lock down. In three different incubators, because they are from three different breeders. I am wanting some different genes ging on as I start this breeding myself. I had 9 go into lock down from one breeder, 8 from each of the others.
Kind of nervous here!! It's day 20 tomorrow for one, the other two are a day behind these. No pips yet. Hoping for some pips at least tomorrow. I've been told by each breeder, that their eggs don't hatch until day 20 or 21, once in a while, day 19, but not often. Most on day 21. Oh the wait!
Good Luck to you.
I just hatched 5 a few days ago.....and I cannot quit just sitting and watching them.........
hmm.png

I took pictures and got to close with the camera, they came out blurry. Will give it a go again tomorrow.....

Good luck
fl.gif

Yaay! I had 7 out of 9 hatch from my first batch. Now, the others are starting. They are due the same day, two different breeders, two different bators. I got a lot of whites in this hatch, one black. Hoping it is a Mottled like the photo of the breeders!! Beautiful. I can tell one of the whites is going to be a splash. Whoot!

Now to see what these other two hatches will look like.

Yaay! I had 7 out of 9 hatch from my first batch. Now, the others are starting. They are due the same day, two different breeders, two different bators. I got a lot of whites in this hatch, one black. Hoping it is a Mottled like the photo of the breeders!! Beautiful. I can tell one of the whites is going to be a splash. Whoot!

Congrats on the hatch!!!
Waiting for the rest!!!

So 2 of my 9 chicks died! I'm so bummer! I've never had serama do that before. Only ever had problems with chicks from the feed store. They were really screaming and screeching for a few days and I just could not figure out what was wrong with them. They had food and water and warmth, place to get away from warmth, draft free, and lots of attention! Then I came home sunday night and 2 of them were dead. And of course all the screeching has stopped. I can't figure out what happened to those two! Nobody had pasty butt, and I even checked the little dead chicks when I found them and they looked totally fine. So frustrating!
On the good side, I definitely have one frizzle and two silkieds!

thumbsup.gif

My DH and I have gotten a motor home and will be heading out in a couple of months to travel the USA for about a year or so. Looking for that place we want to live. This will be our home until we settle. Going to keep in touch with this thread as we travel.
Love to meet anyone that will have us.
We will start out, I think in Jan. Keeping to the I10 interstate mostly heading east to Florida, to keep out of cold and snow. Want to spend Christmas here in AZ if I can keep DH back that long!
We want time to to get used to driving the motor home and get the insides to our liking. It is a 1986 Jayco. 23 ' long. But has really good engine! Can't wait!! Will send pictures of our new home soon.

I have 7 more out of another 9 that went into lock down. And, 5 from the other 7 that went into lock down. I'm swimming in seramas. When they are stronger, I will have to get a photo or two of this bundle of Seramas.

Back
Top Bottom