American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Quote:NIIIIIIIIICCCCCCE!

2. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Quote:Yeah the little blue pullet is adorable and so pretty.

Thanks! I cant wait to have a whole flock of them this spring! Plenty to share!

3. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    frizzled double laced golden duckwinged cocoapop
    [​IMG]

his mate, trying to get some curlies
    [​IMG]

chesty BBR, breeding to my BBR/ Wheaton roo
    [​IMG]

my mottled roo taking grand champion and reserve at the GSSC fall extravaganza
    [​IMG]

4. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:beautiful birds! So it's ok to breed two frizzles? I know it produces curlies (I have one from Juliette) but do people really want them? I am asking because I am overloaded on beautiful frizzle pairs right now and no smooth mates for them. How acceptable is this in the Serama world? I don't have a problem with it but would like some other opinions before I start pairing up my frizzles.

5. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Just taking photos of babies tonight. Papers all over the floor to let all everyone out of the brooder box and stretch wings/legs and have some fun.
    Here is the latest of Bumble. Not a great pose (I missed those ones)...but she is turning into such a SWEETY. when she is loose like this she will try and chase me out the door when I leave. She follows me around in the room and loves to have her chest or behind her head scratched. She is a special bird.
    [​IMG]

6. jbear

jbear Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    SW washington
    Quote:Awww [​IMG] looks like a fun evening!!

7. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:Awww [​IMG] looks like a fun evening!!

they were "flying" and running all over...one goes off and then the rest all follow. It was funny.....Orps are going off right and left...Bumble came over and sat in my lap and just watched the chaos. I swear she was saying "just look at those idiots"....LOL. She had a few "crazy" moments too and tried to fly across the room. It is hilarious to do this and watch them.

eta: Jen...go look on the Washintonian site...I have more photos posted their of the orps and DD.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  8. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    zoomummzy, I think this is what can happen when you breed 2 frizzles.......This is a curly gone bad..... She was given to me because I like to take care of the "special needs" birdies. I named her CurlySue, she is 10months old and such a little spitball. Full of life, her only real special need is to stay warm. She made instant friends with my other handicapped hen [in pic] so it is a win/win situation. Everyday, I see pieces of curled feathers on the ground....I will be making her a jacket soon. [​IMG]
    [​IMG].
    [​IMG]

Quote:beautiful birds! So it's ok to breed two frizzles? I know it produces curlies (I have one from Juliette) but do people really want them? I am asking because I am overloaded on beautiful frizzle pairs right now and no smooth mates for them. How acceptable is this in the Serama world? I don't have a problem with it but would like some other opinions before I start pairing up my frizzles.

9. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Now THATS what I call a good time! [​IMG] Bumble is growing up SO fast, it was just yesterday that she was a fuzz-ball....[​IMG]
    Quote:

10. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Austin, CONGRATULATIONS! Nice picture......[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by