American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. wilobrookfarms

wilobrookfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    Hello Serama people! I don't currently have any Serama's, but thought you guys could help me. I posted a WTB on the wanted thread.
    Basically, I would like to find an A or B, frizzled or curly cockeral, and a silkied or smooth hen to go with him. Any color. Would like to get a pair for my daughter who will most likely make them house chickens. She just moved to her own place, and couldn't take any of our flock with her [​IMG]

2. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    So Cal serama show 2011 . [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  3. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Carlos is adorable Chali. [​IMG] Hes got a good start at posing already! Keep up the good work [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:

4. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Froggie is my name and ENABLER is my game...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I will be proud to take the blame! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Monsters created and nurtured at my house. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:

5. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:
    LOL. You are good.

6. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Thank you Thank you.....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I think EVERYONE should have at least 1 house chicken. My problem is I have 5 of them right now......[​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:
    LOL. You are good.

7. cochunk

cochunk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    this is Django, he is about 7 monthes old. he has a red stripe down both his legs, it took about 5 generations to breed it in.

[​IMG]

8. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    Been busy so not very active, but had to share my REALLY close call last night.

I got home and it was dark and out of habit I checked on my seramas who are now in their new outdoor hutches. Well, as my dogs are rushing around the yard I notice that one of the cages is OPEN. I'm totally frantic and call my dogs inside. Well, as they go running baxk up the porch they start attacking something under the grill. It was my little mille fleur hen Dutchess. I started screaming and they backed off. She was okay...thankfully her being wedged under the propane tank saved her little life! But then I had to find her mate Footloose a beautiful frizzle of mine. I searched for a half hour out in the woods in the pitch black with a small flashlight.

Well, all the way at the back of my acre of land near the back fence I see a feather pile. I panic and run to it, but he's not injured...dead...nothing. He looked like a feather pile because well he is a frizzle. [​IMG] I scooped him up (and eh began SCREAMING in terror) and my husband and I cuddled him and took him back to Dutchess.

The good thing is we just put an invisible fence in for the dogs and the fences radius would never have allowed my dogs to get near him had we not found him. I was so relieved. This pair is the one I'm anticipating chicks out of the most. I don't know what I would have done had they been hurt!!!

9. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Glad they are ok!!!!!!

10. PiratePrincess

PiratePrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Fayetteville
    Quote:I am new to Seramas so forgive me. This is the first I've heard of a red stripe on the legs? Is that common and/or desirable?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by