American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. bobbyc1970

bobbyc1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    LOL. Dont know my neighbor had bull mastiff and my chihuahua got it done. it was something. [​IMG] My neighbor came over i was like [​IMG]
    Quote:
    I meant to explain that I have all pens loose and free ranging.

Yes, some of the hens are laying down for him.....but poor guy...he still can't reach. He is doing his best love dance and they are just taking it all in. But just can't get the job done. I have a Cuckoo Maran X that has really taken a "shine" to him. Of course I think she is a bit of a hussy anyway. [​IMG]

2. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Hey Andrea98! It looks like I don't have a white chick either! She's starting to grow in a pretty caramel color, which makes a lot more sense than white.
    [​IMG]

3. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:I meant to explain that I have all pens loose and free ranging.

Yes, some of the hens are laying down for him.....but poor guy...he still can't reach. He is doing his best love dance and they are just taking it all in. But just can't get the job done. I have a Cuckoo Maran X that has really taken a "shine" to him. Of course I think she is a bit of a hussy anyway. [​IMG]

Oh my gosh...I hope your neighbor was not mad...it is not your fault his mastiff is a hussy...[​IMG] wow, what did the puppies look like? How do you advertise...chihuahua and mastiff cross puppies. that is hilarious. [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Hey guys, I listed 4 more serama auctions. All of them are pairs, though 2 are listed as hens since the boys are pretty big. These aren't my birds, I'm selling them for a friend. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  5. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    I just hatched out a completely red/brown serama chick that came from Jerry's flock. Its cocopop, right? Anyone have pictures of cocopop chicks and adults? I am assuming they feather out differently though. I will post pictures once the chick is dried and put in the brooder.

6. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    SO SWEET! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Quote:

7. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    [​IMG] I got one of those kinda roos....Little Ceasar [serama] lives with an ecclectic assortment of LF, serama and inbetween size hens. It was hysterical to watch him try to jump on the LF and try.......I wished you lived closer, I could give you a young EE roo, you could actually take yer pick of 4.....take em' all! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:

8. andrea98

andrea98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
    Quote:Yep he isn't white either .. He looks alot like her but a little darker . The little hen has changed so much !!! The white is about 3-4 times more now .. I love it !!

9. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    OK bobby, my curiousity has gotten the best of me.......who is the girl in this pairing???? Were they called "bullwowow" or "chistiffs"? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    NO COFFEE for 4312...... [​IMG] it can't get much worse.....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:I meant to explain that I have all pens loose and free ranging.

10. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    OH BOY................pictures coming....[​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by