American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    N.WChickenGuy :

I am over in Bellingham right in the top corner of the state it gets pretty cold here in the winter but it never lasts to long My serama have there own room out in the Garageit is insulated with a heater it stays nice and warm in there right around 70 they have a window and a vent fan. I'm not sure if they even know its winter aside from the shorter light cycle i have them on right now every thing stays the same. As for Chehalis I'm not sure when it is but I'd love to go check it out.
    Thanks I'm glad you like my birds cuz I love them [​IMG]
    Quote:Where in WA are you? Your name is NW chicken Guy. How cold do you get? Are your coops insulated? Are they in a building? I love what you have made into a feeder. That is a great idea. I will have to keep that in mind. I am North Central WA. ARe you going to the Chehalis show? Pretty birds.

There are quite a few on the washintonian site that are in your area. Hmmmm, Bellingham, gotta think. Chehalis is South from you, South of Olympia. I am going to go to yakima and spend the night at my brother's and then go over White Pass to Chehalis. It is around 2.5 hours from Yakima.

It has been very cold here and they do seem to be fairing well. I do have a lamp on in the coop to keep them warm though. But they do go outside and play...even though it is 34 or so out.

2. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Juliette, I am so sorry.... [​IMG]

You, and most of us here, love our little birds so much, they are truly like family, and their losses are honestly, and sincerely grieved. To call them just "chickens" doesn't really do them justice. I'm so sorry for your loss. Its been a rough year for many of my Serama friends. I hope 2012 will be a great year for all.

3. N.WChickenGuy

N.WChickenGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Washington
    Quote:well said [​IMG]

4. N.WChickenGuy

N.WChickenGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Washington
    Quote:
    There are quite a few on the washintonian site that are in your area. Hmmmm, Bellingham, gotta think. Chehalis is South from you, South of Olympia. I am going to go to yakima and spend the night at my brother's and then go over White Pass to Chehalis. It is around 2.5 hours from Yakima.

It has been very cold here and they do seem to be fairing well. I do have a lamp on in the coop to keep them warm though. But they do go outside and play...even though it is 34 or seo out.

I just googled Chehalis from Bellingham its about three and a half hours so its not that bad I say i'll be there but not sure when is there a web site I can check out?
    As far as seramas living outside here I know a few people that just keep them with there layers all winter and they do fine unless you like them to have a nice comb that is.

just found out when its on and I already have plans that weekend [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Are there any other shows coming up?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  5. pongo

pongo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    no no sue i havent got a fertile egg from her yet lol....she only has been with gabby a total of 8 hours in last 2 days and no egg yet since then..... im hoping he got her and next one will be a cooker. she is such a tease to him i swear.

tonight hey is in with my new hen from kate.... they are making music or so they were when i left them last lol

6. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    GEEZ< I want to move in!. Sounds great spoiled birdies for sure![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    N.WChickenGuy :

I am over in Bellingham right in the top corner of the state it gets pretty cold here in the winter but it never lasts to long My serama have there own room out in the Garageit is insulated with a heater it stays nice and warm in there right around 70 they have a window and a vent fan. I'm not sure if they even know its winter aside from the shorter light cycle i have them on right now every thing stays the same. As for Chehalis I'm not sure when it is but I'd love to go check it out.
    Thanks I'm glad you like my birds cuz I love them [​IMG]
    Quote:Where in WA are you? Your name is NW chicken Guy. How cold do you get? Are your coops insulated? Are they in a building? I love what you have made into a feeder. That is a great idea. I will have to keep that in mind. I am North Central WA. ARe you going to the Chehalis show? Pretty birds.

7. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    YEAH, I got ahead of myself there...got all excited when you said they were together.....DUH....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] got my fingers crossed. [​IMG]
    WHEW, that Mr. Gabby is really getting around or what?!? [​IMG]
    Quote:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  8. Angeljim95

Angeljim95 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2011
    Denver
    Ahhh! I love seramas, I was going to get a pair last week but the guy backed down on selling them to me, they were just too cute he said.
    Anyways I'm new here guys and I have been following many stories on here for a while so I finally decided to subscribe [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    N.WChickenGuy :

Quote:There are quite a few on the washintonian site that are in your area. Hmmmm, Bellingham, gotta think. Chehalis is South from you, South of Olympia. I am going to go to yakima and spend the night at my brother's and then go over White Pass to Chehalis. It is around 2.5 hours from Yakima.

It has been very cold here and they do seem to be fairing well. I do have a lamp on in the coop to keep them warm though. But they do go outside and play...even though it is 34 or seo out.

I just googled Chehalis from Bellingham its about three and a half hours so its not that bad I say i'll be there but not sure when is there a web site I can check out?
    As far as seramas living outside here I know a few people that just keep them with there layers all winter and they do fine unless you like them to have a nice comb that is.

just found out when its on and I already have plans that weekend [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Are there any other shows coming up?​

I think this is the last show of the year for here. Monroe is the next one. Google Omak. That is where I live. You can see how far I am coming. DH thinks I'm nuts.

10. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    So Are you going to be at the show this weekend? The dead line was last week but I called last week and asked if I could enter late. They told me I could because I called before the deadline. I know a bunch of serama friends will be there. Usually around 12 of us but I bet its grown now.
    Quote:I just googled Chehalis from Bellingham its about three and a half hours so its not that bad I say i'll be there but not sure when is there a web site I can check out?

Are there any other shows coming up?

I think this is the last show of the year for here. Monroe is the next one. Google Omak. That is where I live. You can see how far I am coming. DH thinks I'm nuts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by