American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. bluebird

bluebird Chicken Obsessed

Feb 4, 2008
    Earth
    My Coop
    Quote:So sorry Jullie t[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Quote:WELCOME ANGELJIM!!! Glad to have you here! I hope you can find some more birds, if you're having trouble finding some, perhaps some of us that are SCNA members can contact your SCNA state representative, and get some more sources for you.

3. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Juliette,
    So sorry to hear about your birds. I have lost many animals during my life and I guess that is the price we have to pay for having them in our lives. I always think of the old saying that it is better to have loved and lost than never loved at all. We always remember the ones that have gone on so they have left us with something wonderful. Your birds are so beautiful.........just move forward.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  4. SunValleySeramas

SunValleySeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    ramona, california
    I have a VERY pretty dun laced pumpkin cockerel with a gold hackle and saddle for FREE!!! He is 18.7 oz and is 8 months old. He has the genettics behind him to be a good breeder!! PM me if interested!!

5. Angeljim95

Angeljim95 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2011
    Denver
    Quote:WELCOME ANGELJIM!!! Glad to have you here! I hope you can find some more birds, if you're having trouble finding some, perhaps some of us that are SCNA members can contact your SCNA state representative, and get some more sources for you.

Thanks! I already love this place! [​IMG] And yes I'm looking for some at the next chicken swap, I need A pair! [​IMG]

6. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    [​IMG] Serama World young guy! Let us know when you want to take the plunge...the serama plunge that is....some one will be able to fix you up for sure. Tons of the little darlings in Washington state and California alone.....ENJOY! [​IMG]

P.S. See that didn't take long did it.........Us crazy serama heads in California are trying to over run the world with seramas...our motto: "A serama in every house in the US"....[​IMG] LOOK out you said the magic word; I want---so YOUR next.....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  7. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Quote:
    You guys cornered the market out west.......got to get more Kentuckians into this. I will take my little house roo, Lucky, around with me when the weather gets warm in the Spring and try to get some interest going here. Jessi and Patrick and me........that's all I know of here.

8. RedRiverChick

RedRiverChick New Egg

Nov 23, 2011
    A couple of my roosters singed half of their sickle tail feathers on a a heat lamp that was to low. How long does regrowth take? Is there a way to speed up regrowth? Should I just pull remaining tail feathers to speed process [​IMG] I was planning on showing them in March 2012

9. YB192004

YB192004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Quote:Sorry to hear that RedRiverChick......[​IMG] I would pull both of the sickles if I were you, they should grow back in couple months. He should be ready for your show in March. [​IMG] I just pulled the sickles on my cockerel last week cuz I did not like the stress marks on them, I was planning on showing him at Semi-National in Feb. Good luck!!!

10. YB192004

YB192004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Quote:So sorry for your loss. While many "normal" people might not understand such attachment to a chicken, we chicken folk certainly do. Wishing you peace and comfort. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by