American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    HOOK LOL [​IMG] YOUR LIFE WILL BE RUN BY THE SERAMAS NOW ! THEY OWN YOU ! LOL [​IMG]
    Quote:Aww now I am definately getting a pair [​IMG]) haha And thanks Joey!!!

2. bobbyc1970

bobbyc1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    Isnt that the truth [​IMG]
    Quote:

3. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Quote:Your cages are great. Wish I could build like that but all I can do is plan what I would like to have. I am using some dog kennels now that are working out very well. Getting it set up in the garage and will post some photos when I am done. There is a man on our farm who does some carpentry and so he is doing some work for me. I would have had to wait to long to have him build me cages.
    Your birds should be very happy with their digs!!

4. TownhouseSeramas

TownhouseSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Quote:You're serving them Coke?! Aren't those birds crazy enough already? [​IMG] Serisouly though I like that idea actually, how did you find bird waters that a Coke bottle could fit on? and your pens are very nice.

Haha.. don't worry, it's not Coke. [​IMG] It is a vitamin mixture that we give them one week every month. I forgot what size the Coke bottles are. I will let you know tomorrow.

I started mine on a Vitamin mixture to, it looks like green tea. lol. Abbey and Aaron are doing well. Abbey is laying about everyday to every other day of Aaron will leave her alone. Everyone has been fertile, I actually have about 8 in the incubator all forming and three about to go in. Can't wait to see what they look like! I'll have to send you pictures when they hatch.

5. seramagirl

seramagirl Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2010
    graham,washington
    That is for sure they run your life but all good best wishes

6. pongo

pongo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    pleased to report emmas first egg from since she has been introduced to gabby..... i hope its fertile as i didnt witness any mating

7. TownhouseSeramas

TownhouseSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Quote:You have bred and bought some GORGEOUS birds. [​IMG] LOVE the bue boy and the tan frizzle girl with the black lacing and your very pretty Silkied girls. But they are all BEAUTIFUL. [​IMG] You ever have any extra Silkied girls... [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  8. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you my friend ! [​IMG]
    Quote:

9. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Today was my first experience getting birds shipped in..... They were a day late.... I couldn't sleep last night... had nightmares all night long...

I don't know how you all do it... ....

Fortunately both birds are alive,and seemingly well. When I wash them up, I'll post pictures. They are amazing....... [​IMG] More details, when I can back them up with pics.....

10. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Quote:You're serving them Coke?! Aren't those birds crazy enough already? [​IMG] Serisouly though I like that idea actually, how did you find bird waters that a Coke bottle could fit on? and your pens are very nice.

Don'tcha know....Things so better with coke! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BTW, GREAT job on those pens--very very nice [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by