American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Theron, that mille fleur male is a very nice example of the color, much nicer than many bantam Cochins that are suppossed to be that color. Does he look like that on purpose or by serendipity? I keep getting compliments on my "mille fleur" pullet that popped up by happy coincidence, but she's too dark, and I can't imagine that she'd breed true. I kinda want to "lend her out" to a mille male, just to see.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Wow this thread is really tough on a lurker! LOL Hard to keep up!
    Sorry for the losses on the birds
    and keep these pics coming - so lovely

[​IMG]

3. Ok_Junebug

Ok_Junebug Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2009
    Moore, Ok.
    Quote:It is Dec. 10.

Who all is coming to Shawnee? I hope to see a lot of you there. Bobby, just the TT was cancelled...you could have entered birds in the regular in cage ABA show. Too late now, it's already closed. I entered 10 birds...(now down to 9) I had a nice black and white cockerel entered and I noticed a few days ago that his beautiful tail looked pretty ratty....then a day later I saw a pullet with him chewing on his tail...she chewed it down real good. She showed no remorse at all about ruining his tail. [​IMG]

4. bobbyc1970

bobbyc1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    I'm gonna go [​IMG] can't wait to see your ribbons

5. lonestargame

lonestargame Little TX Seramas

Jun 21, 2010
    The following have been sold already. Some auctions still open.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. TownhouseSeramas

TownhouseSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Two fuzzy butts hatched and one more on the way!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. bluebird

bluebird Chicken Obsessed

Feb 4, 2008
    Earth
    My Coop
    I just ordered 4 little fleece chicken saddles, for Christmas, from 'lovemychix'. She is running a Christmas special so I got them for $9 ($2.25 each) freeshipping! Gonna use them as little sweaters so Tiny Teena can go outside and play with the big girls on sunny days. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. bluebird

Feb 4, 2008
    Earth
    My Coop
    Quote:It is Dec. 10.

Who all is coming to Shawnee? I hope to see a lot of you there. Bobby, just the TT was cancelled...you could have entered birds in the regular in cage ABA show. Too late now, it's already closed. I entered 10 birds...(now down to 9) I had a nice black and white cockerel entered and I noticed a few days ago that his beautiful tail looked pretty ratty....then a day later I saw a pullet with him chewing on his tail...she chewed it down real good. She showed no remorse at all about ruining his tail. [​IMG]

Such a bad girl! No toys from Santa! [​IMG]

9. Ok_Junebug

Ok_Junebug Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2009
    Moore, Ok.
    Quote:[​IMG] Gotta love a doting mother. [​IMG]

10. bluebird

Feb 4, 2008
    Earth
    My Coop
    [​IMG] That certainly isn't what my family calls me! [​IMG]