American serama thread!

Quote:
Which boxes? I assume the box with the 2 black girls and mottled boy had one. If so, I'd bet anything it's from the bigger of the 2 black hens. She was in a pen with just her and the black male that big-b got, so you might want to hatch that one! The other egg was probably in the box with the laced girl and the 2 little boys? If so, you might want to junk it. It's probably not fertile, but if it is, she was free-ranging with a BCM and a NH rooster, so you might not want to hatch her eggs for a while!
lau.gif
If one of the eggs was hers, that would be her 3rd egg. She'd just started laying a few days ago
love.gif

ETA: The 'white' pullet was broody, though she was sitting on a box of shavings and nothing else
roll.png
The trip probably 'broke' her, but she might go back to broody pretty easily. You know, just in case you need another 'hatcher'
lol.png

Last edited:
i would hatch it if i was you this roo i got from shelleyd is very nice !
Quote:
Which boxes? I assume the box with the 2 black girls and mottled boy had one. If so, I'd bet anything it's from the bigger of the 2 black hens. She was in a pen with just her and the black male that big-b got, so you might want to hatch that one! The other egg was probably in the box with the laced girl and the 2 little boys? If so, you might want to junk it. It's probably not fertile, but if it is, she was free-ranging with a BCM and a NH rooster, so you might not want to hatch her eggs for a while!
lau.gif
If one of the eggs was hers, that would be her 3rd egg. She'd just started laying a few days ago
love.gif

ETA: The 'white' pullet was broody, though she was sitting on a box of shavings and nothing else
roll.png
The trip probably 'broke' her, but she might go back to broody pretty easily. You know, just in case you need another 'hatcher'
lol.png

Quote:
lau.gif
love.gif

roll.png
lol.png

You are correct.
And the 'white' pullet is still making the clucking broody sounds to this very minute. Might just have to put a few eggs under her.
big_smile.png

Man Theron, Did you get the deal of the year! Glad to hear your new birdies made it to you safe and sound and that you got a surprize to boot
woot.gif
bow.gif
love.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
love.gif

roll.png
lol.png

You are correct.
And the 'white' pullet is still making the clucking broody sounds to this very minute. Might just have to put a few eggs under her.
big_smile.png

Quote:
lau.gif
love.gif

roll.png
lol.png

You are correct.
big_smile.png

Wonder if she tried hatching the tomato, was there any left?
lol.png

Well, up to 2 months the poopies are pretty eze to handle, its when they start pooping my big chicken wierd ones that it gets messy...
big_smile.png
wink.png
...I use cheepo paper napkins and I cut them in half, they work great.

Quote:

I'll look for a mirror to put in with him. I wish this was spring as this little case I got for the other chick is perfect for taking him with me just about everywhere and still have him safe.
I think I should look into the diaper thing.......either that or buy stock in the Kleenex co!

Quote:
You are correct.
big_smile.png

Wonder if she tried hatching the tomato, was there any left?
lol.png

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:

Thanks......I do think he will be ok. I try to give him plenty of time once in the morning on my shoulder, lap, computer, etc. and then again once or twice later in the day. I think he is old enough to handle it alone sometimes. I've ordered a diaper for him as my kleenex supply is running very low. He just loves my long hair and he gets very busy with it, chirping away while he is working with it. Funniest thing! I am enjoying him so much and I miss his chirping when I am not sitting with him.

Back
Top Bottom