American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    I got 78% cockerels out of my hatches this last summer [​IMG] such a bummer i need more girls [​IMG]
    Quote:The listing is for 10, these are the 4 bigger ones. They are monsters compared to the little ones (all in the same brooder), so I had to remove them so I could see the itty-bitties [​IMG]

Of course, these 4 are all cockerels [​IMG]

2. bobbyc1970

bobbyc1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    Good morning Well ray auction got pulled [​IMG] lol u was right about the wheaton congrats

3. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    what do you think of this guys tail is it too broad, wide, he is still growing in his sickle feathers he is bout 6 months old.
    [​IMG]

4. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Well I had a scare last night....

All was well in Seramaville, when suddelnly my daughters say "Mom, there is blood in the food bowl" of my little pair of seramas, Gordon & Hedwig, that are my indoor birds, then I hear "Mom, there is blood all over the perch, .....OMG mom there is something wrong with Gordon, he has blood all over him!!!!"

I go rushing to them, and here is my little white mottled cockerel Gordon, blood on his mouth, big gob of bloody feathers on his chest, feet covered in blood. [​IMG]

I was panicked. Then looking at his feet, I see he had ripped the entire nail off of his middle toe. All that was left was the bloody inner core of the nail. [​IMG]

We grabbed the styptic powder, and mashed it all over his toe, which helped for a minute, while I checked over the rest of his body. Everything else seemed okay, the bloody feathers on his chest was from him pulling up his foot, however he's still bleeding.

Thank God for my wonderful friends, Cara & Fabian, they always seem to know exactly what to do for animal emergencies!!! They suggested we try to cauderize the vein using my husbands soldering iron.

After we did that, I sat with Gordon on the sofa for an hour or two to make sure the bleeding had stopped, and put him to bed in a little carrier, on some soft towels. I was so afraid he'd bleed to death over night!

My daughter found the toenail, and it was completely intact, and hollow down the middle. He tore it right off.

This morning, he seems perky, and well. His toe is swollen, and sore. But he is alive, that's what matters most. [​IMG]

5. sunnydalefarms

sunnydalefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Sturgeon, MO
    Here's a pic of some little fluffballs I just hatched out. Ruth- these are Fireballs offspring [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. bigb-71

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    Ya lonestar sold a few of them out right ! but i will get my guy for sure ! [​IMG]
    Quote:

7. bigb-71

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    Congrats on the new fuzz butts ! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Quote:

8. ruthless

ruthless Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Mount Vernon, Mo
    Quote:Cute jerod! Thanks for the picture. Do you have pix of the parents, would like to see him now and the hen he is with?

Juliette, Fireball is Firestone sold to me by BYC aux last spring I think.

9. bigb-71

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    I'm so glad everything work out ! thank god we have Cara & Fabian in are serama family we [​IMG] love you two you are always there to help ! [​IMG]
    Quote:

10. bobbyc1970

bobbyc1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    Sorry to hear that. And so glad he is doing better. Lucky he has a good mom [​IMG]
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by