American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

  1. bigb-71

    bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    they do become ouit special !
    Quote:
    Thanks......I do think he will be ok. I try to give him plenty of time once in the morning on my shoulder, lap, computer, etc. and then again once or twice later in the day. I think he is old enough to handle it alone sometimes. I've ordered a diaper for him as my kleenex supply is running very low. He just loves my long hair and he gets very busy with it, chirping away while he is working with it. Funniest thing! I am enjoying him so much and I miss his chirping when I am not sitting with him.
     
  2. froggiesheins

    froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

    6,024
    250
    326
    Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Hi Ray, how goes it at your end of the state tonight? LULU is sitting next to me helping me eat ice cream from the spoon..Shes not spoiled is she????
    Quote:Thanks......I do think he will be ok. I try to give him plenty of time once in the morning on my shoulder, lap, computer, etc. and then again once or twice later in the day. I think he is old enough to handle it alone sometimes. I've ordered a diaper for him as my kleenex supply is running very low. He just loves my long hair and he gets very busy with it, chirping away while he is working with it. Funniest thing! I am enjoying him so much and I miss his chirping when I am not sitting with him.
     
  3. bigb-71

    bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    none of your birds are SPOILED ! froggie . [​IMG]. its all good up here now that the winds stop ! [​IMG]
    Quote:
     
  4. froggiesheins

    froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

    6,024
    250
    326
    Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Oh thank you thank you thank you! I am so glad they are not spoiled then. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You had the BIG BLOW too? Geez I was worried it might blow a few birdies away! Bill [who lives by Palm Springs] had ZERO/NADA wind, can you believe that? [​IMG]
    I have 3 seramas boring holes in the back of my head right now.....I am afraid to look behind me, they might be planning a sneak attack on my shoulders any second now.........[​IMG]

    Quote:
     
  5. shelleyd2008

    shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

    23,381
    39
    351
    Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Something like this froggie? [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    The one on his left shoulder was supposed to be in his hands but had better ideas. The one on his right hand is perching on his finger like a parrot. The other 2 stayed where they were put, I figured if one wanted one shoulder then the other could sit there too [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  6. bigb-71

    bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    Run little dude ! it's a serama take over !!!!!!!!! [​IMG]
     
  7. froggiesheins

    froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

    6,024
    250
    326
    Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    [​IMG] YER SIR thats the best and only way to hang with yer birdies.......serama take over for sure! [​IMG] [​IMG]

    Quote:
     
  8. shelleyd2008

    shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

    23,381
    39
    351
    Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    He was supposed to be 'holding' the bigger babies so I could get pics of the smaller ones without them hiding. The bigger babies decided to hold him instead I guess [​IMG]
     
  9. bigb-71

    bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    These are all the chicks you are saleing right ?
     
  10. shelleyd2008

    shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

    23,381
    39
    351
    Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:The listing is for 10, these are the 4 bigger ones. They are monsters compared to the little ones (all in the same brooder), so I had to remove them so I could see the itty-bitties [​IMG]

    Of course, these 4 are all cockerels [​IMG]
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by