American serama thread!

and this is Maggie

Mrs vetta
and Kellogg's
Your right on about cute..just love those little legs.................
wee.gif

that's the biggest serama chick i have ever seen! this is my black serama (Kufta) chick to hen! eggs from charliesweb1k's stock!

second day
jumpy.gif
next to store bought egg

45 days old
yippiechickie.gif
with her Olandsk Dwarf brother and sister free - ranging (brother right, sister top left)
don't let picture size deceive you! these are really tiny in the picture! at this age i had to watch them as they free ranged for about 2 hours every day!

100 days old!
D.gif
and still tiny! (sorry about mess in the coop... Olandsk Dwarf is acting weird, making alot of noise and digging everywhere.

we found a new home for the olandsk dwarf brother because he started to crow and it was loud! and just for fun, the olandsk dwarf (sister named "Twinkie") from chick to hen! this olandsk dwarf is fro Cheryl Horning's stock. this little olandsk dwarf was kind of a special chick for me because against what other people say, she hatched out of the pointiest egg out of all of them!

2 day old
jumpy.gif
... of course, the girl ended up being the chipmunk!

day 45 yay!
yippiechickie.gif
this first pic she is on the top right of the black serama

this second pic she is bottom left (you can see the brothers comb starting to develop)

and today 93 days old
D.gif
(again sorry for the mess! olandsk dwarf Twinkie kicked the wood chips around the coop!)

Had my FIRST ever Serama egg hatch yesterday and another one pipped today! After nearly 50 eggs of failure, I am PSYCHED to have 2!!!

This is CORA (they are all girls until proven otherwise in my head LOL)!!!
Really sorry you have had such a rough time with eggs.............but I am sure that sweetie makes it worth the failures...........very lovley chick
smile.png

lol yeah! that has always bee my mindset! i always say to myself "their gonna grow up to be great mothers!" and then its a rooster...
sickbyc.gif
! make sure to have like 3 chicks. odd are you may have one roo in their. if they are still young and one of their combs is turning red before the others... its a roo

HI everyone,
Still no pic's.need to figure out how to save some of my AOL addresses ect......before I change To DSL.
When I fed this morning, my one lone chick popped it's head from under the wing of the broody hen.
it's Mom was setting the eggs. Why can't humans get along as well as chickens..........
lol.png

the younger

older
best hen
so I guess which roo to this hen is the big Q. I know the hen is a 3/4 shot but trust me she's the best I got. she has a sister that has slightly longer leg and wing like the young cock that I will breed to the older cock as well though she'll probably produce only too large chicks.
I also wanted to ask how long a mating will affect the paternity . They have all been running together so when I purposely mate them should I separate them for a while and then run the chosen ones together? Will previous matings influence paternity or is the most recent mating the one that takes precedent.?

also is there a way to tell long back from short backed individuals while they are just moving around and living life .
I have been looking at the position of the train verses hackle and trying to see a difference there when the roosters bend down to feed. just wondering if anyone has a tip there .

also is there a way to tell long back from short backed individuals while they are just moving around and living life .
I have been looking at the position of the train verses hackle and trying to see a difference there when the roosters bend down to feed. just wondering if anyone has a tip there .
HI,
Concerning the fertility....I have been told the sperm can be carried 18 days.......so I seperate the girl for three weeks to be sure............or wait that long to collect eggs for hatching.
I would put the last roo with her...............My amateur opinion...............I just like him...........
smile.png

Very pretty birds...............

Back
Top Bottom