American serama thread!

Hey everybody,
I bought some eggs on eBay the other day on a whim and won them! Turns out they were from Wisconsin, and I live in NY. I just received them and the seller was kind enough to include an extra 12 eggs (!) and they seemed to be packaged really well but when I candled and set them they all had mobile air sacs. Has anyone had any luck hatching out shipped eggs that had moving air sacs? I have read through the shipping hatching threads but I know Seramas can be extra tricky to hatch. Any advice? Does anyone have any breeders to recommend having eggs shipped from or is anyone located in NY? I am mostly interested in frizzled and silkied Seramas. Thanks!

I get shipped eggs every mouth almost and I do pretty good did u let them sit for three day upright because that helps the air sack reattach :)

Alot of the ones I am selling are light in color with dark specks brown black and grey. There is a peach with dark specks and a couple other colors. It is not simple to describe there colors. Hopefully o can post some pics soon :)the ones in finding homes for have flat feathers. I did hatch some that have the wavy feathers I am keeping.

How do you all house your Seramas? Do they mingle with your other chickens?
I ended up with a little Serama (I think) hen through a rescue situation and I haven't a clue what to do with her. She's currently living in my chick brooder, with supervised garden time twice a day.
Help...I need ideas!

I have my seramas in a 3 by 6 coop & 6 by 4 run. Next spring there all going in breeding cages (rabit cages).

Right now my roo is mingled with my assorted flock and doing fine. He is in with wyandottes, a big NN,and several other LF. If anything he is kinda a bully sometimes.

I just took this picture this morning of 2 house Seramas. Yes those are chicken diapers. Makes life easier for me. My little roo, Romeo is filling out pretty good. He is 8 weeks. My pullet, Gabby is 8 months .. Just love them to death.

Back
Top Bottom