American serama thread!

Quick question for anyone who knows. Is it possible to tell what class my three are at 6 weeks old or should I wait to weigh/measure them? I want to get them bird diapers so they can roam about in the house, but I don't want to buy ones that will be too small or too big. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You will have to wait untill they are almost a year old to really know what their final size/ weight will be. :)

I get my diapers from Sky. They are even water proof. I have tryed others but hers fit the best. My roo is only 9 weeks and he is 6 oz so the baby size still fits him. I did grit the baby and a size 1 for him to grow in. I also have 2 pullets who is 9 months. One is11ozs who wears a size1 and one that is 13 oz who wears a size 1or size 2. If you have questions just pm

You will have to wait untill they are almost a year old to really know what their final size/ weight will be.
smile.png

I get my diapers from Sky. They are even water proof. I have tryed others but hers fit the best. My roo is only 9 weeks and he is 6 oz so the baby size still fits him. I did grit the baby and a size 1 for him to grow in. I also have 2 pullets who is 9 months. One is11ozs who wears a size1 and one that is 13 oz who wears a size 1or size 2. If you have questions just pm

Thanks for the help! I've been trying to look stuff up on the Seramas, but my internet has been super picky as to what it will let me search...drives me nuts

WOW! Great info balbrt!!! :yesss: :cd

I'm looking for 6 hatching eggs to put under a broody hen, and I considering Seramas. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good breeder for Serama hatching eggs. I also really like the silkied Serama, if someone has them as well.

Thanks!

Thanks! Now I just need to find time while getting the house ready for my fiance to come home, he's been in Kuwait since Dec and I just got a text from him which means he's stateside! I'm so excited to see him again, but it'll still be a few weeks. He has no idea how chicken math has taken hold here...
hide.gif
but not a dime of his money went into them so I shouldn't be in too much trouble lol.
12 shipped eggs 6 have pipped
smile.png
I love shipped eggs I think more are going to pip because they are a day early
big_smile.png
Awesome!! I've heard so many people have had issues with shipped eggs, it's nice to see a change of pace.

Back
Top Bottom