American serama thread!

Cute babies. I love the third photo.. We have babies here together. Will have to show these babies off every now and again, and how much they change. I did get a real black one, and a couple of blacks with white on them, and one that is mostly grey. I am hoping for a mottled in one of the blacks with the white. I know they can go way different. Will be fun watching them.
The #3 and the one with the lighter are the same chick. I am thinking a chance for a white sizzle.
The grand father was a white sizzle ..we'll see
idunno.gif

Oh wow, they do change, I can see color coming into mine already. I do have one, that is much whiter than the others. I am not seeing any color on it yet. I may have a white. Will see. You can tell the whites from the others, the others do have a yellow or buff tint to them. But this one, is white white. I'll be watching those wing tips now!
Good grief.the one on the right is soooo tiny..sweet
big_smile.png

Here is my Bonnie & Clyde. I am new to this breed and trying learn everything! Can someone tell me how many you can put together in 1 pen?
What a good looking couple! Love the black hen!

I've found that it's really the same as LF as far as housing. I once had 5 roosters in a pen with only 2 hens and everyone was totally fine because all the boys got along. I've also had a rooster that no matter how big his flock he absolutely would not accept anything else male. Now my rooster Toy, who is definitely the boss of his flock AND the LF ladies, loves all the women but only gets along with a few boys. I think it's totally dependent on the personalities of your chickens (I suppose this could also be true of dominant hens, I've just never had that problem - always had a roo to put even my big ladies in their place)

What a good looking couple! Love the black hen! 

I've found that it's really the same as LF as far as housing. I once had 5 roosters in a pen with only 2 hens and everyone was totally fine because all the boys got along. I've also had a rooster that no matter how big his flock he absolutely would not accept anything else male. Now my rooster Toy, who is definitely the boss of his flock AND the LF ladies, loves all the women but only gets along with a few boys. I think it's totally dependent on the personalities of your chickens (I suppose this could also be true of dominant hens, I've just never had that problem - always had a roo to put even my big ladies in their place)

Thanks for your reply. I have a total of 14 right now and short 1 pen. Guess I'll try to put some together and see what happens.
I have 25 reg chickens and 4 pens/coops and they just choose a pen when they roost up. They've been together, Roos and hens, even newbies when I get them and they all get along fine. Hopefully I'll have the same luck with my Seramas. Here is another pair I have, Danny & Sandy.

Thanks for your reply. I have a total of 14 right now and short 1 pen. Guess I'll try to put some together and see what happens.
I have 25 reg chickens and 4 pens/coops and they just choose a pen when they roost up. They've been together, Roos and hens, even newbies when I get them and they all get along fine. Hopefully I'll have the same luck with my Seramas. Here is another pair I have, Danny & Sandy.
How pretty that hen is!! Wow! You are a lucky duck =)

My roo makes pretty clear right away who he doesn't like. He will attack them through the fence on his run when he sees them. Others he just picks on while he is eating so they have to wait their turn to eat. I'd just put them in a bigish area and see what happens, pecking is always expected with newcomers, just be prepared to break up a fight, you;ll learn real quick the signs your roo is about to attack. Napoleon complexes! LOL

HI,
Congratulations Red Rooster......................
We might live fairly close??????????
I am up toward Multnomah Falls.Not sure where you are.
I have admired your Seramas for quite awhile...................

Beautiful pair Kiln chick.............

Thought I was through hatching for awhile and found a Serama hen has gone broody.....
And NOOOOOOOO rooster with her..............dang..........
going to give her a few eggs from another pair...........
She is in with another hen and it is a crack up. The other hen is acting like a protective rooster.
A new behavior for her........She stands in front of broody by the hour and when I feed she comes after my hand............
gig.gif

Like all 13 ounces of her is going to really do damage...........
I am having to much fun with my new babies...........forgot how funny they are. They are in with Silkie babes. Really shows the difference in breed.
Seramas are busy and jump over the other chicks........
Hope you weekend is great all.........
Later

Back
Top Bottom