American serama thread!

You could perfect the color then work your way back to the size and shape standards. I don't know of anyone who has though.
Thanks for the input. I think it would be a cool looking bird. How many generations do you think it would take to get the color right?

I have 2 cabinet bators and they hatch low compared to my brinsea that I hatch my seramas in. I have hatched them for 6 years and watch humidity and temp. I keep at 99.5-100 and at day 18 stop turning. I find that if they die out its around day14 and on hatch. I keep humidity at 40 up to day 18 then 60 humidity.
Do you know why this happens? I have noticed the same thing in my hatches, it's very frustrating. My problem is more towards hatch day. They are fully developed, ready to come out, but they never internally pip. 90% of my deaths are like that, it's usually anywhere from 1/4 to an 1/8 of the eggs. If I could fix this problem my hatch rate could be nearly 100 every time.

haven't been here in awhile- lost this boy last week, a micro from @Junebug well his lady Ebony laid an egg right after, so put it in the bator hoping- checked today an i may just have a baby growing

What a sweet boy! I'm so sorry for your loss! His cute little pictures will be missed. Good luck with the egg though! Wouldn't that be wonderful?
Hello, I am new to the serama world, I am curious to see if anyone has ever breed seramas to sebrights? If so is it possible to get a serama bodied offspring with sebright lacing? Any input is appreciated.
Do you (or anyone else here) know anything about lacing as a gene? I wonder if it would be easier or more difficult if you crossed the seabright with a serama who already has lacing?
I don't know anything about it, but am definitely curious =)

Do you know why this happens? I have noticed the same thing in my hatches, it's very frustrating. My problem is more towards hatch day. They are fully developed, ready to come out, but they never internally pip. 90% of my deaths are like that, it's usually anywhere from 1/4 to an 1/8 of the eggs. If I could fix this problem my hatch rate could be nearly 100 every time. 

What a sweet boy! I'm so sorry for your loss! His cute little pictures will be missed. Good luck with the egg though! Wouldn't that be wonderful? 
Do you (or anyone else here) know anything about lacing as a gene? I wonder if it would be easier or more difficult if you crossed the seabright with a serama who already has lacing? 
I don't know anything about it, but am definitely curious =)
I am definitely not an expert on lacing but I know there many different factors, too not only get a lacing pattern but to get the color of the lacing correct. I found this pic online, so I know it's possible.

Depends what you are breeding for. The white is my American serama and the other is my project bird as I am trying to get a bit more extreme. It's a great question. He does not fit into the American serama group.

Last edited:
Depends what you are breeding for. The white is my American serama and the other is my project bird as I am trying to get a bit more extreme. It's a great question. He does not fit into the American serama group.

That makes perfect sense, thank you for answering so quickly. If only you could get the breast on the white bird with the wings of the second.

Back
Top Bottom