American serama thread!

This group of roosters is 6 weeks and 5 days old.

How in the world are you supposed to narrow your flock down to a few roosters when you get so many pretty ones?

Usually when I open the cage door, they come up to me and show off, but the camera freaked them out a little.

0.jpg

Last edited:
This group of roosters is 6 weeks and 5 days old.

How in the world are you supposed to narrow your flock down to a few roosters when you get so many pretty ones?

Usually when I open the cage door, they come up to me and show off, but the camera freaked them out a little.

0.jpg

Last edited:
I have two Seramas that are just about ready to be sexed. I'm going for 2 girls, what do you think?

Flo, 6 weeks

Close up of comb and waddles ^

Full body shot ^

Full body shot 2 up close

NEXT

Darla, 7 weeks

Close up of comb + wattles with Flo photobomb

Body shot from above ^

Darla had a rough start and was picked on by other birds. It never got too serious, but she is missing quite a few tail feathers.

All 6 babies are doing great. They're now two weeks old.

One of the other pullets (3-4 weeks old, not from the same hatch, not pictured) doesn't seem to be feathering out as fast.
The 6-week-olds are still indoors.
And the 9-week-old pair were moved to the coop (their best friends are the 7-week-old Marans, it's so amusing).

Get ready for a ton of pictures of the hen. I just adore her. She was my first chicken. She isn't even a year old yet. Her sister had two little babies. They are both rooster. She and another rooster and Tywin are living with my grandma now. She still has those two babies and she said they are just dolls.

Back
Top Bottom