American serama thread!

My hens have begun really pumping out the eggs.
They used to lay every other day but I've collected 2 dozen in the last 5 days.

I don't want the eggs to get old and I don't want my hens to start setting yet.
If anyone wants the 2 dozen, I'll send them all for $30, shipping included
or $20 for 1 dozen.

I will take a dozen! The timing is good, I was suddenly broke for a bit but I just sold some birds and my incubator just emptied. I'd take 2, but my only broody has been sitting on an empty nest a bit too long so I don't think she'd stay on 'em full term and my incubator only fits a 1 doz. I will pm you!

I know I've already posted a pic of my boy but I took this pic the other day and loved the way his chest is so defined so I decided to show him off again lol he was just about to move so his wings don't look nearly as vertical as they usually do but he is filling out nicely for 7 months old. He also had a lot of health issues when I got him and I nearly culled him so the fact that he survived and is turning into a great looking bird is quite astonishing.

I know I've already posted a pic of my boy but I took this pic the other day and loved the way his chest is so defined so I decided to show him off again lol he was just about to move so his wings don't look nearly as vertical as they usually do but he is filling out nicely for 7 months old. He also had a lot of health issues when I got him and I nearly culled him so the fact that he survived and is turning into a great looking bird is quite astonishing.

Wow! Have you shown him yet?

Wow! Have you shown him yet?
I have not shown him yet. About 10 years ago I had multiple flocks of show quality birds an participated in shows all over CA but had to rehome them due to a nasty motocross crash where I nearly culled myself lol I'm just barely getting back into breeding/raising poultry and am realizing I am far out of the loop these days. Not sure where I would even begin to look for shows to show him at...

Nice comeback buddy!
That's for sure. At one point he was so sick I had to feed him through a syringe, I don't know what made me keep faith but im sure glad I did!

A beautiful bird, just beautiful.

Here are the three hens I bought

Daphne
I think she has a nice chest and is small with a good tail

Clarice
Has beautiful frizzling and a nice tail. I can't show her because she slipped a tendon on one of her legs. Produces fantastic birds though and gets around and lays eggs

Ferra
Has a really nice tail and body structure

The eggs under my broody should also be hatching this weekend!

I have not shown him yet. About 10 years ago I had multiple flocks of show quality birds an participated in shows all over CA but had to rehome them due to a nasty motocross crash where I nearly culled myself lol I'm just barely getting back into breeding/raising poultry and am realizing I am far out of the loop these days. Not sure where I would even begin to look for shows to show him at...

That's for sure. At one point he was so sick I had to feed him through a syringe, I don't know what made me keep faith but im sure glad I did!

There are a bunch of shows in California, I am also in CA, Near Sacramento, But they have Shows in Southern California and Northern, It is called Wild West seramas, That cock Is so nice he would do very well at shows!

Back
Top Bottom