American serama thread!

Thanks! Pic of setup below. I use a plastic tablecloth over a table (it's now clipped onto the background board seen in pic to create a seamless background). I have one flash that's triggered on the left, but you could set this same scene up by a window. Just have the window to the left/right of where you pose the bird. A white surface on the other side helps to bounce light back in to soften shadows (& helps create a box to keep the bird on the table). A bed sheet is a good material to start with. And another sheet between the window and the bird will soften the window light.

Thank you. That's awesome! I'll have to try it.

Thank you! I've decided to wait until next month, like originally planned, to get eggs from my favorite breeder on BYC and a breeder on eBay! My reasoning is because I would like my pair to come from a different bloodline and I want a colored male with a white female! My favorite breeder on BYC has the prettiest colored Seramas and a breeder on eBay has the prettiest white Seramas! So, next month when I get my Serama eggs in, I can go through their incubation with you all! :)

Awesome
caf.gif

They were shipped.. I did get to see the parents pics though.. Most were mottled.. Some black/white others brown/white/red..the two roo's were typical colors.. Almost like a bb bantam.

I'm guessing then your chick could end up being anything from solid black to something like what you've described above. Sometimes mottling shows up right away and other times it doesn't come in until they're a few months old, in my experience.

Here is Phyllis my Silkie Serama chick /img/smilies/smile.png  She or he hatched July 12th.  I'm a little worried that Phyllis is a Phil, since my favorites always end up roos.  Also there is a little bit of pink starting under the bottom jaw ... like a wattle is going to happen.  Who knows though, I don't keep enough of them to an age to sex, to know for sure.  Hardly any comb at all though.

Still hoping Phyllis is a girl!!!

80800_img_3209.jpg
So cute!

Here is my first Serama, "Sweet Pea". I got her as a pet for my husband and have fallen in love! She sits on iur shoulder and loves attention. She now has a boyfriend Serama and best friend banty Cochin. They are so cute and I love their tiny eggs!

Here is my first Serama, "Sweet Pea". I got her as a pet for my husband and have fallen in love! She sits on iur shoulder and loves attention. She now has a boyfriend Serama and best friend banty Cochin. They are so cute and I love their tiny eggs!

I love her mottled black & white coloring and I want to see her sweet little Cochin boyfriend! How old was she when you got her?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom