American serama thread!

I am having no more egg laying problems with my A class birds than with the larger breeds. And yes, fertility is lower, but that does not endanger the bird. Presently I am trying methods to increase fertility; nutritionally and by crossing different lines.
i have a 6 1/2 oz fem she has good fertility but cannot cover many eggs in brooding so i give her 3 chicks to adopt lol shes the little chocolate silkie

Progress pics of my cute little cockerel. I need to weigh him now.

Fresh out of the incubator - May28

16 days old - he's the one in the middle - June13

3 weeks June 20

4-1/2 weeks June 30

2-months July 27

11 weeks - Aug 9

11 weeks - Aug 11

Progress pics of my cute little cockerel.  I need to weigh him now.

He is a beautiful bird. I do wish I'd get more like that coloration.

I was looking over my last 9 chicks (4-5 weeks old). I'm flabbergasted-1 roo and 8 pullets. One of the pullets has a similar coloration as your roo. Of course at this age there's always the possibility of a slow developer, but I doubt that's going to happen. The whole batch is a fairly uniform, small size with only one a bit bigger and, yeah, one of the pullets is a frizzle!!

sclark73, if you read this, your chicks are ready for their new home.

Just moved 8 Serama eggs from the turning tray to the hatching box in my GQF incubator. Started out with 25 eggs. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get at least 4 to hatch.

That's sounding a lot like my hatch and I still have 11 days to go
Same here, 1 out of 8 in the last hatch....I got 5 out of 14 the hatch before that....had an intruder in the broody tractor this am....a mouse found its way into the tractor....I believe I was able to get it out before I left for work....I could hear the chick under its mom, so I'm hoping it's ok...unless the big Gartner snake I've seen slinking around the garage and woodshed finds its way in they should be ok....I'm crossing my fingers, If mom sees it first, she will probably go ballistic and kill it, before it can get to baby....we shall see!

Back
Top Bottom