American serama thread!

OMG I know this is a serama thread, but as I was sending that last post my wounded Ayam coming her I have inside came up to me and was grunting and panting so I rubbed her tummy so she... Layer an egg on my lap! Crazy!!
aww a present for you
love.gif

None of my others are laying yet. Just her I think it's because she's been inside for almost a week out of the winter. (plus she's been getting into the grass flats I grow for them and eating it ALL) I grow flats of grass for them to eat and play in IN the winter

Thank you-I wish I could get the videos to post without having to put them on youtube! the were having a ball :weee  I could sitthere and watch them all day! I bought 18lbs of mealworms from Chubby Meal worms-they love them!! :love  
(I have very spoiled birds :oops: )

Spoiled birds are happy birds happy birds are clean and perky
1f600.png
and your birds are clearly happy so keep spoiling!

None of my others are laying yet. Just her I think it's because she's been inside for almost a week out of the winter. (plus she's been getting into the grass flats I grow for them and eating it ALL) I grow flats of grass for them to eat and play in IN the winter
lol I went out to my little green house today and found some of my older chicks had helped themselves to the bottom row of forage. They love that stuff.

I use the deer forage seed from tractor supply. The chickens love the brassicas that grow in there in particular.

On a different topic, my little egg experiment is working. I found a way to disinfect eggs and wrap them for at least a week and they were 100% fertile and developing after being put in the incubator.
wee.gif
To me this would be a big break thru on shipping delicate eggs like serama.

You're a natural!!!!!! :hugs :love  Wow they both look excellent!!!!!! That's why I don't get too disappointed when I only have a 30-40% hatch-the best ones make it! :celebrate  Look at them posing naturally already. Do you have any takers on them yet??? 

Nope, I get to watch them grow a while yet. He is hen pecked, she is bossy.

You're a natural!!!!!!
hugs.gif
love.gif
Wow they both look excellent!!!!!! That's why I don't get too disappointed when I only have a 30-40% hatch-the best ones make it!
celebrate.gif
Look at them posing naturally already. Do you have any takers on them yet???
Is 30-40% the normal HR out of non shipped eggs?

Back
Top Bottom