American serama thread!

So now momma has 2 chicks. I think the last 3 eggs have quit in the last day or so, but I’ll check them better tonight to be sure
42613498-C865-4DAF-93E9-D97A814FC0E5.jpeg

5C1691EB-91B9-4962-B569-78F5A7E03168.jpeg

And pics of a couple of my silkied girls. I got a tiny fart egg yesterday, I think it may have come from one of them.
BB4BAC11-A7FB-43BD-98C0-7C55B27AA4DF.jpeg
11DC8B13-5859-4706-8A99-F6E1EEB6F531.jpeg

Momma just hatched the 2. The other 3 eggs were still alive, just a few days behind. Not sure how that happened, but I put them in the incubator for a couple days, then gave them to another broody last night. She has hatched several sets before, so hopefully she won’t mind hatching these, after only sitting for a week.
Momma took the babies out
B15F2F15-7E15-4E92-A1A5-5BDD65E3A459.jpeg

@WVduckchick
DD loves Teddy so much! He's been her big (or little) inspiration for her photography this year.

Here are some of my favs:
IMG_0902 copy.jpg
IMG_0912 copy.jpg
teddy email.jpg
teddy grass.jpg
oeg.jpg

Being a young teen, she's gotta go against the grain, so here are her choices for photo editing & reg photography:
pink teddy grass.jpg

(She thought he'd look good in pink.)

Monarch Done2.jpg

I actually like this monarch caterpillar pic..... but if I told her, she'd choose another pic. LOL

@WVduckchick
DD loves Teddy so much! He's been her big (or little) inspiration for her photography this year.

Here are some of my favs:
View attachment 1477428 View attachment 1477429 View attachment 1477433 View attachment 1477434 View attachment 1477431

Being a young teen, she's gotta go against the grain, so here are her choices for photo editing & reg photography:
View attachment 1477432
(She thought he'd look good in pink.)

View attachment 1477430
I actually like this monarch caterpillar pic..... but if I told her, she'd choose another pic. LOL

Wow those are lovely! What type of camera is she using? She has a great eye.

Wow those are lovely! What type of camera is she using? She has a great eye.
Thanks. It's just a point & shoot.... but you can do some manual adjustments. She got a grant from the county farm bureau & one of her requests was a camera. With her remaining $60 budget, she could afford a used Canon Powershot Elph (battery, memory card, charger, etc) on eBay.

Most of her grant was used to buy a keyboard...... She wanted to get one & we can't afford it. She came up with the idea to teach a chicken how to play piano as a 4H project and submitted her grant to the farm bureau. Of course she would need a lighted teaching keyboard & a camera to document the progress. Now she has her keyboard, a camera, & a piano-playing chicken.

IMG_0818.JPG

Thanks. It's just a point & shoot.... but you can do some manual adjustments. She got a grant from the county farm bureau & one of her requests was a camera. With her remaining $60 budget, she could afford a used Canon Powershot Elph (battery, memory card, charger, etc) on eBay.

Most of her grant was used to buy a keyboard...... She wanted to get one & we can't afford it. She came up with the idea to teach a chicken how to play piano as a 4H project and submitted her grant to the farm bureau. Of course she would need a lighted teaching keyboard & a camera to document the progress. Now she has her keyboard, a camera, & a piano-playing chicken.

View attachment 1477537

:love

View attachment 1477537

Sounds like an animal behaviorist in the making.

7-27-noodles-1st-egg-jpg.1483108

:wee
Look what I found in the bantam's tractor! Noodles' comb has been getting darker for the past few weeks, and this is my (her) 1st tiny serama egg! Soooo egg-citing!

For the pic, I put it next to a reg orp egg for comparison.

Back
Top Bottom