American serama thread!

Same here. Lavender Orpington hatches actually got boring. :gig

The other cool things about seramas is that even tiny ones can come from large parents and vice versa. Egg sizes vary so much, and beautiful variety of egg colors too. They are just the total package! :)

Same here. Lavender Orpington hatches actually got boring. :gig

The other cool things about seramas is that even tiny ones can come from large parents and vice versa. Egg sizes vary so much, and beautiful variety of egg colors too. They are just the total package! :)
Right now I have 5 Seramas......all white. But I do have 1 smooth, 2 frizzle and 2 silkied. So what I lack in color I guess I make up for in texture. :confused:
I think it's time I add some color to my Serama flock

Right now I have 5 Seramas......all white. But I do have 1 smooth, 2 frizzle and 2 silkied. So what I lack in color I guess I make up for in texture. :confused:
I think it's time I add some color to my Serama flock
Have you hatched from them? I’m curious if you will get other colors? I remember about someone hatching all white but they didn’t have any white at all.

Egg sizes vary so much, and beautiful variety of egg colors too. They are just the total package! :)

So glad you mentioned that. Variety of egg sizes is what I'm seeing right now. The eggs grew as my serama & OEG matured. (The OEG always had the smaller egg, so I could tell them apart..... but their eggs were never as large as the silkies.) This past week, I got some smaller eggs. I thought eggs only grew larger over time, but I pulled some from the fridge to confirm. The eggs from the past 3 days are actually smaller than last week's eggs. The bantams are about 1 year old now.

Have you experienced this or could I have a nutrition or weather problem?

So glad you mentioned that. Variety of egg sizes is what I'm seeing right now. The eggs grew as my serama & OEG matured. (The OEG always had the smaller egg, so I could tell them apart..... but their eggs were never as large as the silkies.) This past week, I got some smaller eggs. I thought eggs only grew larger over time, but I pulled some from the fridge to confirm. The eggs from the past 3 days are actually smaller than last week's eggs. The bantams are about 1 year old now.

I feel like each hen’s eggs do vary in size sometimes (and even color somewhat), but I usually can’t tell who each egg comes from, so I can’t say for sure. I get ones that are smooth, some are matte, some are almost round, some are oblong.
My OEGBs were more consistent, usually oblong and glossy, more like silkies.

View attachment 1675568

I've a two year old also laying smaller eggs; quite surprising.

Godzilla & Paris

god220a.jpg
paris220a.jpg
godparismate.jpg

Back
Top Bottom